No Photography Signs

Eco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I see a no photography sign it becomes a challenge to shoot the sign just because someone said I can't. Do any of you do the same?

A few years ago I was caught when my flash fired and set off a flash detector which I never even heard of before the security people showed my the little sensors.

Last year I was caught again at a traveling museum display without using a flash.....but I was caught taking a picture of a no photography sign. The security guard did not find it amusing when he saw me focusing on the sign while taking a picture from 3' away.

A month or so ago I was able to snap my new avatar without getting caught....but it's a crappy image.

The other day I noticed a sign in our local mall pet store saying you can't take pictures of the animals......so I took a picture of their sign with my I-phone. I can't see the sense in prohibiting people from taking pictures of dogs/cats but it must be a real f'ing issue if they need a sign:lmao:

</rant>

Let alone the iPhone, I saw a granny in the d'Orsay museum in Paris making a photo of Birth of Venus (which is EXTREMELY prohibited , they even had suits standing around and watching) on her 4Gen iPod while listening to music. And she got through!
I was like "Thats badarse!"

About No photography signs, I understand only no flash photography, it preserves the item, but "no photography" preserves like what? A piece of bread to the local photographers?
They just come in, make a snapsh!t of what only they can shoot and sell it for 10$ on a postcard. No art, no passion, no soul.

The only interesting "No" sign I saw was in a highway "pit stop" restaurant in Bulgaria - "No guns"

I can post it if anyone is interested and in case it wasn't on my busted HD.

"but "no photography" preserves like what?" = They caught another photographer while I was there and they told him that if people take pictures and publish them others will know what the exhibit is about and will not come to see it.

"If people take pictures and publish them others will know what the exhibit is about and will not come to see it. And they won't pay us money for the abstract dog toords we hung out on display. Uhhhh and we would really have to find something worth showing. Yeahhh...But then too many people will come and we will have arrive at work at 9 instead 2 O'clock and we couldn't take an extra day ooooff. Now show us erase your all your stoooorage."

No, I understand and well that's confusing.
What exhibit on Earth is there that you can't google and see? you can even google temporary exhibitions and have a 50% chance find them!
and people in Africa or Australia still won't come to London just to see a work on exhibition they couldn't find on the internet.
And people who can, who would be satisfied with a copy?
I dunno.
"No Photography" signs suck.
Your mileage may vary.

The only interesting "No" sign I saw was in a highway "pit stop" restaurant in Bulgaria - "No guns"

Canosonic
How do you like your 10-22 lens?

I am thinking of purchasing that lens in the next couple of days.

Canosonic
How do you like your 10-22 lens?

I am thinking of purchasing that lens in the next couple of days.

A little of topic, but what isn't here. I have the Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6. I think your talking about the Tamron 10-22. I was recommended the Sigma over the Tamron, and I haven't regretted it.
Great lens, though I still can't find a loose penny (or a dozen) for a CPL filter for it.
It's the latest lens I got, but I think I made already 33% of my best shots with it and growing.
The only bad thing is, that I now can't get a full format camera, because its for cropped sensors. But perhaps I'll never afford a 5D.

Most reactions

Back