What's new

No Time. NONE.

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had 5 seconds to setup my gear and about 2 minutes to shoot. We got back to the marina as the sun set, and I grabbed my bag, ran to the train trestle, and shot the sunset over the river. I slapped on a reverse GND and was able to snag a useable image before the sunset faded. Sometimes it's about enjoying the moment more than capturing a perfect image--and sometimes I forget that.



Too Little Time by f_one_eight, on Flickr





Cheers!
Jake
 
Beautiful sunset on this night, but a really ugly industrial type building complex in the mid-distance. A question or two, if I may: Is this a good photo? Or just a shot of a pretty sky and an ugly scene underneath some colored clouds? How much of this photo is derived from either your skill or your camera technique and equipment, and how much of this photo is the result of nature's beauty? I'm unsure as to the intent of the original post; you mention that you had almost no setup time; so what does that have to do with the photo? What is it you're trying to say or show?
 
Beautiful sunset on this night, but a really ugly industrial type building complex in the mid-distance. A question or two, if I may: Is this a good photo? Or just a shot of a pretty sky and an ugly scene underneath some colored clouds? How much of this photo is derived from either your skill or your camera technique and equipment, and how much of this photo is the result of nature's beauty? I'm unsure as to the intent of the original post; you mention that you had almost no setup time; so what does that have to do with the photo? What is it you're trying to say or show?

It's a snapshot. Nothing more. For a typical sunset shoot I setup close to an hour before and stay 20-30 minutes after sunset. For this I had 2 seconds and a set composition with no wiggle room. I wasn't going for artistic beauty or fine art--just capturing natures beauty. Nothing more. Take it at face value, sir. The composition is lame, the shadows are too dark, the industrial building ruins the scene, and the list goes on. Enjoy the colors for a second, realize it's far from a true keeper, and move on. [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I had 5 seconds to setup my gear and about 2 minutes to shoot. We got back to the marina as the sun set, and I grabbed my bag, ran to the train trestle, and shot the sunset over the river. I slapped on a reverse GND and was able to snag a useable image before the sunset faded. Sometimes it's about enjoying the moment more than capturing a perfect image--and sometimes I forget that.

Cheers!
Jake

Well all I can say is..

Ah crap, gotta go. I've got a thing.
 
I had 5 seconds to setup my gear and about 2 minutes to shoot. We got back to the marina as the sun set, and I grabbed my bag, ran to the train trestle, and shot the sunset over the river. I slapped on a reverse GND and was able to snag a useable image before the sunset faded. Sometimes it's about enjoying the moment more than capturing a perfect image--and sometimes I forget that.

Cheers!
Jake

Well all I can say is..

Ah crap, gotta go. I've got a thing.

Haha fair enoughh


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'd say you have a very good image in there. Flip the image, crop on the water, and you have a very different feel to it.
 
I'd say you have a very good image in there. Flip the image, crop on the water, and you have a very different feel to it.

Hmm I'll give that a try.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom