Noise a850 vs. A77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikon_Josh said:
Have you taken any photos this year yet? :lol: Or are you still too 'busy' looking at test charts?

I am still busy here at Photoforum crashing you. :)

argieramos said:
I am just stating the fact.

But it doesn't have any effect on the topic at hand so it would logically be disregarded by those who enter this thread looking for information that the topic title represents.

Just stating a fact here.

toy cameras are really coming around lately huh

behindsofa.gif

These do look pretty good. Much better than some of the other higher iso shots you've posted. I wonder how the a850 hold up in more challenging lower light situations?

argieramos said:

But it doesn't have any effect on the topic at hand so it would logically be disregarded by those who enter this thread looking for information that the topic title represents.

Neither your opinion about my post have any effect on the topic. Gary said that the a850 is not made for high ISO but he would rather have it over the NEX-7 and a77. Obviously, high ISO is not the most important thing to him. I replied to his comment because I saw his point and I agree, that's why I asked him how often does he shoot in ISO6400 vs lower ISO. That's how this low ISO IQ thing brought up in here. I was trying to have a healthy, friendly, and happy discussion in this thread but I guess you don't want that. I am cool with that. lol

Argier, you're an idiot. We've established this already.
We've established this already.
this already.
already.

Please go away.

argieramos said:

Neither your opinion about my post have any effect on the topic. Gary said that the a850 is not made for high ISO but he would rather have it over the NEX-7 and a77. Obviously, high ISO is not the most important thing to him. I replied to his comment because I saw his point and I agree, that's why I asked him how often does he shoot in ISO6400 vs lower ISO. That's how this low ISO IQ thing brought up in here. I was trying to have a healthy, friendly, and happy discussion in this thread but I guess you don't want that. I am cool with that. lol

A lot of people who shoot with available light, especially action in available light use ISO 1600-6400 quite regularly.

Of course you wouldn't know that because you're too wrapped up in sensor statistics rather than doing real world shooting with an actual camera because it's too "cold" out.

I rarely shoot high ISO. Mostly my daughters ballet and school plays which isn't often. Those pictures never gets printed. They are just viewed on the computer. So high ISO is important but not overly important. My Olympus gear was really bad over 800iso. If I worked for Rolling Stone and shot concerts then a 5D would be my choice. But for what I do I can't justify getting one. I think that a camera like the NEX 7 with it cropped sensor, small size and low cost plus IQ approaching the IQ of a full frame camera is awesome. I think in the near future owning a full frame camera will be of little benefit. I am very pleased with my Sony gear. It does what I want it to do. Like I said. Sony and Olympus both think outside the box. Call it gimmiky if you like but they have the balls to try new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back