Nikon D7000 VS. D800

Where I work, I have access to almost any camera I want. The only sensor I would consider forgoing the D810 sensor for is the one in the D4s. That being said, I rushed my D810 upgrade because my girlfriend wanted to borrow my D700 to use as a remote camera at the World Equestrian Games and Rescue 2014 in France.

Must be nice. I don't have that kind of access, or funds.

Is it bad? Depends on bank balance I suppose

Where I work, I have access to almost any camera I want. The only sensor I would consider forgoing the D810 sensor for is the one in the D4s. That being said, I rushed my D810 upgrade because my girlfriend wanted to borrow my D700 to use as a remote camera at the World Equestrian Games and Rescue 2014 in France.

We are both professional photographers. She shoots for Corbis and I shoot mostly for talent agencies. We've found that the way to compete with free and über low priced fauxtographers is to upgrade your gear, raise your prices and explain the difference to clients. Getting an agency is also very helpful so that you can let the scheduling and billing be someone else's work. Shooting for a stock/news agency gives you a measure of legitimacy when it comes to access.

To answer the original question: neither. Both the D7100 and D810 provide a significant improvement over their predecessors.

As for making people buy new gear, Nikon had a 30% shrinkage in camera deliveries from 2013 to 2014. I'm just doing my part to help them

We are both professional photographers. She shoots for Corbis and I shoot mostly for talent agencies. We've found that the way to compete with free and über low priced fauxtographers is to upgrade your gear, raise your prices and explain the difference to clients. Getting an agency is also very helpful so that you can let the scheduling and billing be someone else's work. Shooting for a stock/news agency gives you a measure of legitimacy when it comes to access.

To answer the original question: neither. Both the D7100 and D810 provide a significant improvement over their predecessors.

As for making people buy new gear, Nikon had a 30% shrinkage in camera deliveries from 2013 to 2014. I'm just doing my part to help them

Sounds like a sweet deal.

Morning bump for those who may have missed the added info.

Most reactions

Back