NOISE NOISE NOISE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

smalls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMO this pic is pretty good but the noise is killing it. What the heck can I do to remove some of the noise and not screw up the pic?

AlbumCoverShoot153.jpg

Last edited:
What ISO, shutter speed, and aperture did you have in that photo? Your problem may be fixable in other ways...

also what software do you have available? You can do it in Lightroom

i know the ISO is 1600, i had the camera on auto ISO (which ill never do again) f/1.8 im pretty sure at 50mm i cant remember the shutter speed

ive got photoshop CS2. ive tried to fix it in CS2 with filter, noise, reduce noise and i dont see a change.

His Exif (doesn't give ISO, though):

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D50
Image Date: 2009:01:25 03:36:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 34.0mm (35mm equivalent: 51mm)
Exposure Time: 0.125 s (1/8)
Aperture: f/4.5
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)

The 1/8 second is probably causing the blurring that's going on, but it doesn't look overly noisy to me at the size it's presented at here. I've seen much, much worse.

well im lost now....... D50 is all i can tell you but im going to do some research and find out what you are talking about.

i know the ISO is 1600, i had the camera on auto ISO (which ill never do again) f/1.8 im pretty sure at 50mm i cant remember the shutter speed

ive got photoshop CS2. ive tried to fix it in CS2 with filter, noise, reduce noise and i dont see a change.

EXIF shows 34mm at f/4.5 with 1/8th shutter speed at 1600 iso no flash

iso to high
f stop to closed
shutter too slow

get a tripod or a faster lens and you will be able to tone down the iso settings

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D50
Image Date: 2009:01:25 03:36:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 34.0mm (35mm equivalent: 51mm)
Exposure Time: 0.125 s (1/8)
Aperture: f/4.5
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)

The 1/8 second is probably causing the blurring that's going on, but it doesn't look overly noisy to me at the size it's presented at here. I've seen much, much worse.

thanks for your positive words. it was a flute pic that turned out to be one of the better ones minus the blur or noise. i tried to reproduce it and it just didnt happen so thats why im trying to "fix" it

I ran it through Lightroom 2 to see if I could clean it up, but really isn't bad to begin with.

Attachments

• $AlbumCoverShoot153-2.jpg
    $AlbumCoverShoot153-2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 121

It does.. he had the camera set to ISO 1600. :)

Granted, thats not bad for 1600 on a D50, though. I am sure that the picture was reduced. Before trying to fix noise issues, it is important to work on the full size file, not a lower quality web variant.

I've seen much, much worse.

I have much, much worse.....

You are always most critical of your own shots. IMO, the noise, while noticeable, definitely doesn't kill the picture. I would agree about a tripod to raise your shutter speed a little, or just a little less coffee.....:lol:

Yea the thing that bothers me is the motion blur....and WOW Jerry in the beginner section? lol

I ran it through Lightroom 2 to see if I could clean it up, but really isn't bad to begin with.

LR2 has very poor noise reduction capabilities. One needs something like NIK's DFINE or Imagenomic's NoiseImage Pro.

Noise Ninja is another ok one, but Imagenomic has the best results I have seen to date.

Most reactions

Back