Noise Reduction Software

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does it really work? Does it not reduce image quality in the process? How "essential" is it and which one should I get?

I have been looking at Noise Ninja, and despite it being available as a free download:

Noise Ninja may be downloaded and installed free of charge. However, some features are restricted, and images are watermarked with a grid pattern when you save them, unless you purchase a license.

The grid pattern does not sound very desirable. If I was to purchase a liscence, which one? There are so many versions to choose from.

http://www.picturecode.com/purchase.php

Any advice would be greatly apprechiated.

I have the cs3 plugin version and the standalone version....
but i'm not to impressed you can do the same amount of noise reduction in adobe lightroom...
but if you dont currently have anything else to adjust the noise levels then I guess it's alright.

for me, NeatImage is the final answer for complicated cases. For simple cases
I use NoiseNinja as it is embedded in my RAW converter.

How is it embedded? What RAW converter do you use?

Bibble Pro ... lens distortion correction based on a database, NoiseNinja in a very basic version (but you can upgrade the plugin), hot/dead pixel correction, dust bunny cloning/heal and lots of other nice features.

Only sharpening is rather poor.

I use only NeatImage (as a CS2 plugin). I compared NeatImage with NoiseNinja and found out the first one manages to keep a bit more details in my images.

That is so funny that my NN vs NeatImage results wee opposite?

Only difference is that I use the full external NN pro version, not the plug-in.

I tried the NeatImage full external version too.

I am starting to find NoiseImage is starting to edge both of them out, the more that I play with it and get to know how to best optimize it.

You are right, I do like it, but if I like it more than noise ninja will take more than a couple tests and examples.

I don't consider the money wasted at all, though.

It is very easy to use and with the preview is nice to see the effects immediately.

Most reactions

Back