Not open for further replies.

christopher walrath

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been around for only a month but I have made some observations and have a question pertaining to one of them.. Seems like, whether ltierature is requested in a thread or not, Bryan Peterson's name and the title 'Understanding Exposure' are being tossed around like peanuts at the old ball game. Now I own the book, bought it about seven years ago and it contains some very pertinant information for analog and digital photographers alike. And over at APUG he gets an occasional nod. But it seems like he's being canonized here. 'Bryan Peterson's old book like new for the millionth time, again'. 'Bryan Peterson walks on water'. 'Bryan Peterson conceives three headed twins'. Don't read a book, take some pictures. Close the laptop and open the camera case. Put down your hassles and pick up your Hasselblad. Oh, and the 'Look at my sig, neat things in my sig, links in my sig, check out my sig' thing is almost, AAAAAAUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me wanna puke pink.

Wow, not really in a bad mood, just realized this sounds more like a ***** session than anything else. I will retitle this non-aggressive rant or something. Original title was 'Understanding Bryan Peterson and TPF'.

Go ahead and puke. I've never been able to get past your mindless rhetorical signature.

this book is not the answer to everything, certainly not. I did live without it photography wise for 2 decades, and then finally got it and read it. it is nice, but did not do much for me. but for a total beginner it is probably a good start.

Although, I think it is more for those, who do not care about technicalities, those who want to get a feeling for how to do it without knowing why technically it works the way it does.

I think the signature is not really of any help in a photography forum, and is clearly a political statement, which might cause some dispute.

But, this is a photography forum, so gentlemen, please constrain yourselves to discussing photography related matters.

Thank you.

That's not a political statement. Men and women bleed and die because I exist and they follow orders. Nothing more. Too many people just have to make something out of nothing just to keep themselves busy. It is GRATITUDE AND RESPECT. AND NOW I'M GOING TO CAPITALIZE IT!

That's not a political statement. Men and women bleed and die because I exist and they follow orders. Nothing more. Too many people just have to make something out of nothing just to keep themselves busy. It is GRATITUDE AND RESPECT. AND NOW I'M GOING TO CAPITALIZE IT!

And I see it as a mindless blabbering of a political viewpoint blindly following a hate and fear-mongering regime out only for attainment of power and greed.

And I see it as a mindless blabbering of a political viewpoint blindly following a hate and fear-mongering regime out only for attainment of power and benefitting thier own greed.

shh.. discuss this in private .. and if you don't get along with each other, just ignore each other. but do not carry this into the forum as some sort of war.

yea sorry guys but im gonna nip this thread in the bud now before it blossoms into a big politically fuled arguement.

We dont want to know about anyones political viewpoint on this WORLDWIDE photography forum, so it ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back