What's new

Non- Auto focus lens'

Thanks JimmyO, tried reading the description on wikipedia and now have a headache :lmao:
 
So allow me to ask this; although most of us use AF camera and lenses, who still uses MF lenses on AF body's for the simple fact of good old glass ?

Me. I do. The 105mm F2.5. the 20mm F3.5, the 400mm F3.5 (when I get it!). The 20 is tiny, 52mm front; the 105 just has a gorgeous feel, if I want quick focus I'll slap on an 85mm F1.8.
400mm F3.5? Nothing like it on the market, and it's way easier to focus a long manual lens than a short one.
 
Guys I am so stoked, I am now looking to match a lens or two with a cherry Nikon FM3a, and retake a B&W film class. I love my digital AF and always will, but the re-introduction to the film and manual side of photography is just making me smile, making me think of places to shoot. :hug::
 
So allow me to ask this; although most of us use AF camera and lenses, who still uses MF lenses on AF body's for the simple fact of good old glass ?


I use a 50mm manual, on my Nikon DSLR. Better feel more solid crisper images, and better depth of field control.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom