Non Moving QR Head for Flash Bracket

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am sick and tired of having a Bogen quick release plate (the standard rectangular one) on my camera, lenses, etc. only to have to take them off when I want to use my Flash Bracket. I have looked for a bracket that would already have a quick release type system built in, but I can't find any.

I have taken off my Bogen/Manfrotto 3229 Head from my monopod and attached it to my flash bracket. Two problems: 1) it tilts. I want just pretty much a quick release plate attached to....well what would be the top part of the tilt head and that attached to the normal 3/18 screw on the flash bracket 2) it's WAAYY too tall. This head works, but since it's able to tilt, the camera is very high, almost touching the mount for the flash. Not having the tilt capabilities would bring the camera down.

I just want a quick release plate and what the plate would go into (the mount) to be able to attach to the flash bracket and not have to worry about taking off the QR plate, keeping up with it.

I have Googled and searched Adorama and B&H but not sure of the right wording, so I'm not coming up with anything.

If you know what I"m trying to find, let me know. Trying not to spend more than $50 (since it shouldn't be more than that, I"m trying to keep it simple) but I'll go higher if need be to have it.

Thank if you know of anything

~Michael~

I have 4 of the adapter plates. I use them for several things. Now I am considering them for remote flash mounts so I can set up and take down a bit quicker.

The adapter plate works well in alot of situations. I have 2 of them hardmounted to 2 monopods. Saves the weight of having a ball head on it to mount a camera. Works very well. :thumbup:

I have 4 of the adapter plates. I use them for several things. Now I am considering them for remote flash mounts so I can set up and take down a bit quicker.

The adapter plate works well in alot of situations. I have 2 of them hardmounted to 2 monopods. Saves the weight of having a ball head on it to mount a camera. Works very well. :thumbup:

That's really good. Would you use the stand up mount that comes with the flash and mount the quick release to the bottom. That seems like a much more efficient way of doing things

~Michael~

That's really good. Would you use the stand up mount that comes with the flash and mount the quick release to the bottom. That seems like a much more efficient way of doing things

~Michael~

I have the Cactus V4 remotes. And the recievers have a mount hole in the bottom that the mount plate will screw into. To, me it seems it would work out well. Only problem is I will need another 10 adapters and plates. But in the long run think it will be worth it. Not like they wear out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back