What's new

Non-studio, studio model shots

aerialphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
8
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Er... ok not really - but they are models. I don't have the room for a studio and haven't done studio work since college in the 80s, but I wanted a studio w/soft-light look.

Comments?

Both with a Nikon D200 w/manual focus Nikkor 135/f2.8 and SB800 for fill light

682083807_svNnH-X2.jpg


682084835_y6K4s-X2.jpg


682088706_kkEyk-M.jpg
 
I like them, they look like they could be out of Tower Hobbies catalog. The first is quite an amazing model, and the second looks fun to fly.
 
never would have known how big they where unless you showed that last one!! goo lighting as well
 
Thanks :) I built the first one. The setup was out of necessity, just don't have a place big enough or the lights to do it properly elsewhere.
 
just don't have a place big enough or the lights to do it properly elsewhere.
I'm in the same boat when it comes to shooting my kids at home. What I ended up doing was getting foam paper, Velcro it onto my sb800 and sb600 flashes and shooting through it. It isn't as good as the umbrellas or softbox but pretty darn close.
 
I ended up waiting for clouds to soften the shadows on the background and fired the SB800 remotely off the side. Looking on my new monitor I think the first one might be just a little flat though, I'll have to work on it when I get time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom