What's new

Noob, asking for critique :)

Haya.H

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
40
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay finally... i've been trying to figure out how to post a thread for the past like 3 hours. literally. anyways i've been into photography for about a year. and i've actually been paid to do some shots (senior shots, one wedding-but that was because they needed a last min photographer, surely it does count right?) but for some reason i can never judge my work.. im never satisfied. so say whatever you want & tell me what i should fix. i dont get offended easily;)
 

Attachments

  • $Bubble!.webp
    $Bubble!.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 111
  • $Candle light.webp
    $Candle light.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 132
  • $Doodoo.webp
    $Doodoo.webp
    425.1 KB · Views: 135
  • $Eye.webp
    $Eye.webp
    360.1 KB · Views: 137
  • $tajeen 2.webp
    $tajeen 2.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 97
  • $Tajeen.webp
    $Tajeen.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 101
  • $Tajeen3.webp
    $Tajeen3.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 95
  • $Water  motion 104.webp
    $Water motion 104.webp
    180 KB · Views: 103
I like what you did with the water drop in the last pic. and the candle bokeh thing is neat...I think something is missing though, and I can't put finger on it, maybe someone else will.

I wont comment on the people ones 'cause I don't really know how to shoot people. lol
 
agh dont you hate that? you know something isn't right but you cant think of it! haha, but thank you :)
 
yup. lol. either i'ts just me or something is missing. If something truly is missing, someone will chime in. Awesome people on this site.

You have sparked me to practice that tonight though, I haven't really focused on that sort of photo yet. :-)
 
welll thats what i cant seem to figure out -_- i guess its the wow factor in the pictures?
 
sorry if I was not specific, it made sense in my head. I was only talking about picture number 2 with that statement. I like it but it seems something is missing to me in it.
 
Ah, ok. I really like it (#2). It's a simple yet interesting picture. I think the flame needs to be more in focus though. I think that would greatly improve it. The water drop is nice and fun as they always are. The others... I like, but, I am not a "people" person either, so I cant give any valuable critique.

Keep shootin' and postin'.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
 
sorry if I was not specific, it made sense in my head. I was only talking about picture number 2 with that statement. I like it but it seems something is missing to me in it.

Maybe using thirds might be what its missing.
 
Looks like it meets the RoTs to me. But maybe what's off with it is the fact that the table the candle is on bisects one of the lights and blackens out the bottom part of the picture. Perhaps if the candle was on the corner of the table it wouldn't intrude into the picture and would allow more lights and such. However, I like the picture...just my two cents as to what might be "missing."
 
hrm...I think you might be right, maybe it was just something as simple as the bisection of the light throwing me off all along, causing my brain to subconsciously have fits. lol. I still like it, so I hope ya got that part OP.
 
For me, the most important thing about human photography is the originality of the expression; everything else is secondary...and that is why i like these images very much..... even the other ones like the single candle that glows, the dropping drop... all i like; by the way, are some faces, Indian? ...i feel an oriental look in them ;)
 
Shes from Bangladesh! Bangledesh women are so beautiful! The other 2 girls are middle eastern (the first 2) :)

Thank you all for your comments and intake, greatly appreciated :D
 
Image 1: good concept, but you're too close and the hands are large (due to perspective) compared to the head.
Image 2: Love it. but the lowest light is cut off by the table - either get it in fully, or edit it out. The roundness of the rest of the OOF lights is appealing, as is the placement and composition.
Image 3: excellent, except for the white at the extreme right, which competes for our attention. Also, you scalped her, which your friend may not appreciate.
Image 4: nice light, nice image, but it needs critical sharpness at the irises, a a touch more contrast to give it "pop".
Image 5: the tilt works for me, but again, the bright background competes for our attention. It's good, but too bright. You're using the DOF well, however.
Image 6: Again, good concept, pretty good execution. Don't particularly like the post-processing.
Image 7: Another very nice image, good use of DOF, light is excellent... but you scalped her.
Image 8: well captured. The upper right corner shows the edge of the vessel and diminishes the attractiveness of the image. Perhaps incorporating a little contrasting colour would also help.

As for you calling yourself a "noob" - you're being modest. The quality of the images is much better than what I could expect from someone who has only been shooting for a year. Your exposures are good, your use of DOF is excellent. The areas for improvement that I can see are more related to composition and especially control of the foreground/background so that it doesn't compete with or distract from your main subject.

And you have beautiful friends. That always helps.;)
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom