noob first post

matheson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, my name is Christopher Matheson. I've been a musician most of my life and an amateur photographer for a short while. I've recently hung up my guitar to start a family and am currently working on sharpening my photography skills, through study and practice, to respectfully enter the profession. My passion is to create, and i hope to develop myself to the point where I can offer them professionally.

The first shot is a selfie with my pride and joys
The second is of my beautiful bride to be

thankx in advance for your words

Attachments

• $me.jpg
    $me.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • $nat.jpg
    $nat.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Hello Matheson. Welcome to the forum.

I really like these shots, particularly the first one, the lighting really helps portray a moody setting, the cut of head of the guitar you're holding is a slight distraction, but a stunner for you first post. Hope to see more.

Thanks Andy. Glad to be here

Yeah, there's definitely some potential here. Great work. I do agree about cutting off the headstock of that Telecaster, but that's really more of a minor quibble than anything.

Welcome to TPF. The first shot is wonderful in a theatrical/staging sense, but the cut-off headstock hurts; on the shot of your beautiful bride, she's framed somewhat oddly in a horizontal framing space that doesn't really coordinate visually. You need to always think about the "whole frame", and the best way to use the frame.

thanks guys. Derrel, in the 2nd shot i wanted to capture the bokeh of the light falling on the water to her right. Thanks though :). I'll try a vertical next time..

Last edited:
thanks guys. Derrel, in the 2nd shot i wanted to capture the bokeh of the light falling on the water to her right. Thanks though :). I'll try a vertical next time..

Take one big step over to the left, and three, maybe four steps back, turn the camera to vertical, and you would have it all. Her. And the colorful bokeh. And the top of her head.

Welcome to the forums.

Most reactions

Back