noob question but it's been annoying me for about 3 hours.

shawnxstl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[noob] Borrowed a rebel xt today so i can get familiar with it. (im still getting the a200 but i wanted to get comfortable with a dslr.) I got used to the controls fairly quickly but two things are REALLY bugging me. I know this is noobish but...for the love of god, i cannot adjust the shutter speed or aperture. So i googled it.

"The control dial located on top of the grip primarily changes aperture, shutter speed, and when used in tandem with a button on the back, exposure compensation"

When i turn that dial, all it does it adjust AWB.
help! :(
[/noob]

What mode are you in? Auto, Program, Manual, etc. I have the XTi and the dial (wheel) controls the shutter speed in manual mode. If you press the AV button the wheel will adjust the aperture in this mode. If you are in a different mode the dial functions differently. For example, if you are in AV mode the dial will change the aperture. It helps to have the manual to decipher this function.

im in manual.
and i can't use the handbook because its not here :p

I think he means the owner's manual.

I think he asked what mode i was in. ;)

I got the aperture figured out...still can't get shutter speed to change though.

I think he asked what mode i was in. ;)

You could be right, but I don't think so. He did say "It helps to have the manual to decipher this function". I could be wrong because I'm due for an error today. ;)

What mode are you in?Auto, Program, Manual, etc. I have the XTi and the dial (wheel) controls the shutter speed in manual mode. If you press the AV button the wheel will adjust the aperture in this mode. If you are in a different mode the dial functions differently. For example, if you are in AV mode the dial will change the aperture. It helps to have the manual to decipher this function.

clearly he asked what MODE he was in...just saying tho

so uhh...any help with finding out how to change the SS? =/.

Also..is there a way to change the aperture in manual mode? because it changes in AV but when i switch back it just goes back to 5.6.

3 hours of sleep + this = frustrating.

so uhh...any help with finding out how to change the SS? =/.

Also..is there a way to change the aperture in manual mode? because it changes in AV but when i switch back it just goes back to 5.6.

3 hours of sleep + this = frustrating.

im sure the manual is online turbo! haha you should have asked Boyer for it! good luck having her find it tho!!!

nevermind this entire thread.

im completely retarded. haha. i got it...
wow. i need sleep.

Most reactions

Back