SPAM!

marmle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It took me a while to get off Auto mode, I was happy with the shots I was getting, so why would I try anything else? That was my thinking anyway. It was taking a long exposure at night when I just knew I could not get away with using auto. I set the dial to M and set a middle of the road aperture for the lens I was using (cant remember exactly) and a shutter speed of 30s as a hoard of cub scouts ran across a field carrying glowsticks. I got a very satisfactory result of multi coloured light trails against the black of the field and a deep blue sky.

Now I always use either A or S mode, depending on what it is I'm shooting and what I want to control. It is very rare I use M (usually when I know any of the other modes are not going to give me the result I want) and have never used P (although I have been thinking maybe I should give it a try?)

I am just curious if anyone here has ever found themselves stuck on a single mode, and what mode they are most comfortable with.

For ever and a day I was stuck on various "auto" modes on diff. camera makes and models.
I read an article some time back (about 5 years) to set to A (aperture) and dial in the rest.

I have shot a many number of shots in M with my canons and the results were so-so.

I am gradually evolving into mirrorless but love my old glass and now shoot it almost exclusively with manual everything. (I use old Minolta mount (SR) glass)

Brings back the 'art" of photography IMO.

Does the P on a camera mean Professional........:)

It took me a while to get off Auto mode, I was happy with the shots I was getting, so why would I try anything else? That was my thinking anyway. It was taking a long exposure at night when I just knew I could not get away with using auto. I set the dial to M and set a middle of the road aperture for the lens I was using (cant remember exactly) and a shutter speed of 30s as a hoard of cub scouts ran across a field carrying glowsticks. I got a very satisfactory result of multi coloured light trails against the black of the field and a deep blue sky.

Now I always use either A or S mode, depending on what it is I'm shooting and what I want to control. It is very rare I use M (usually when I know any of the other modes are not going to give me the result I want) and have never used P (although I have been thinking maybe I should give it a try?)

I am just curious if anyone here has ever found themselves stuck on a single mode, and what mode they are most comfortable with.

I'm not stuck on anything and will use the control mode that's most appropriate. Since Program mode gives me access to adjust both the shutter speed and f/stop and in conjunction with the EC control allows me to set every possible exposure that will produce a usable/good result I leave the camera set there and most often find no reason to change it.

Joe

I'm stuck on Band-Aids.

I get stuck by these, daily.:biggrin-93:

cmw3_i6s_img_1310-jpg.187771

I'm not usually shooting things that move very much, so I gravitate towards aperture mode. When I use flash, I always go to manual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back