North America nebula

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NrthAmrcaNbla001.jpg

Taken from the wilderness darkness of Cumberland Falls, Ky with a Nikkor 300mm 4.5 and Nikon F camera and H alpha interference filter..

Thanks for viewing.

LWW

beautiful!
I've seen that a lot of times through the telescope. I've never been able to get a pic of it though.. haha :)

AWESOME. Wow! I too did not think you could get that without a telescope.

Great capture LWW! :thumbup:

We've been watching this in Cygnus (Northern Cross) and the "Coathanger Nebula" for the past month now and I'm still waiting for my 2 films to come back from processing! (Long story not yet concluded!:( )

Have you managed to capture this without the H-Alpha filter and with any colour?

This was done about 10 yrs back. I'm just now digitizing my stuff.

If I remember right that was a 30 and maybe even a 60 minute eq mot clock drive exposure on 3200 spd Kodak.

It doesn't look like that through the viewfinder. Very faint.

LWW

Have you managed to capture this without the H-Alpha filter and with any colour?
I haven't no.

I also haven't done a ton of astrophotography.

I have tried Fuji 1600 color but it gets very grainy. 3200 BW seems to work better for me. Partly I'm sure because I develop it myself.

LWW

These type of pictures fascinate me to no end, I am surprised the nebula came out so large with a 300mm lens. Glad you posted this capture. Good job

These type of pictures fascinate me to no end, I am surprised the nebula came out so large with a 300mm lens. Glad you posted this capture. Good job
1.4X converter and some cropping. Effective 420mm f6.4 or thereabout.

LWW

wow great shot! I didn't know you can do that with a camera..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back