What's new

North Cascades Highway Fall Color (WA)

scole

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Everett, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although you can't go wrong with fall color around Mount Baker & Heather Meadows, I went out searching for someplace else. I decided to take the day off and head up to Rainy Pass on the North Cascades Highway and do the Maple Pass loop.

Fall color still seems to be 1-2 weeks away from really peaking but there still were great displays if you looked for it. I got many great photos so I might do another thread for some additional photos.

#1. Lake Ann-

385540691_xXVVV-L.jpg


#2. Fall Splendor beneath Heather Pass-

385540703_G6THn-XL.jpg


#3. Larches turning colors-

385540583_2zEqZ-L.jpg


#4. Vine Maples-

385541391_72SaN-L.jpg


#5. Color along Ruby Creek-

385541410_Wv9tZ-L.jpg


#6 Solitary Vine Maple-

385541403_YaVC7-XL.jpg
 
Hmm. They do show up for me. I did notice that my host (Smugmug) was "down" for maintenance late last night when I originally posted this so the links might have been unavailable during that time.

Are they still missing?...
 
Great photos. I adore the colors. Love the autumn setting and feeling. The first one is especially beautiful.
 
The pics show up now.

These shots are absolutely stunning! Their coloring is just unbelievable! #1 & #2 did it for me. :)
 
I like them, but number 6 is outstanding for me. nicely isolated golden leaves embedded in black and dark green.
 
Thanks all. #2 is my favorite and I'm glad I was able to pretty much capture what I saw at the time. #6 is also a favorite but it required a little bit of creative composition. The tree is right alongside the highway and unfortunately, there was a highway sign just off frame to the left. If I could have, I would have framed the shot with some more space on either side of the tree. Still works for me! :D
 
Awesome shots......I love #1 Great capture....the fall colours are just stunning.
 
Thanks. :mrgreen:

I grew up in San Diego but knew that this would be my eventual home.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom