Northeast Oklahoma Newbie

TexOkie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just signed up to TPF. I’m 69 years old and have been shooting photos since I was 16.

In my younger days, I produced some very good images, but as I’ve aged, my eyes have lost their ability to see sharply on a consistent basis. I’m also starting to wobble a bit, but unlike a Weeble, I do fall down. This adds to my challenge of creating a sharp image, especially since it’s impractical to lug a tripod everywhere.

I’m just starting to learn Lightroom with Photoshop on the horizon.

I’m glad to have found TPF and hope to learn a lot.

Welcome to TPF, TexOkie! We're happy to have you on board.

I hope you check out our Photo Galleries and post your own photos there, too. It's a great way to get to know folks and get feedback on your work.

Have fun!

Welcome. Well written narrative. What camera/lens combo do you use to get clear photos? Looking forward to seeing you images. I'm 68 and still do fine w/ dslr and 3 prime lenses and none have vibration control. I use the most basic of photo editing software and it's eons above what I could do in a darkroom w/ b&w film back in the day. I'm having a blast shooting digital and I'm sure you are finding that too. Again, can't wait to see your photos.

Howdy from Texas! Welcome! I’m a wee bit younger, but have that focal challenge too. Not sure if it’s my eyes or that dang camera of mine. [emoji16] Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Well written narrative. What camera/lens combo do you use to get clear photos? Looking forward to seeing you images. I'm 68 and still do fine w/ dslr and 3 prime lenses and none have vibration control. I use the most basic of photo editing software and it's eons above what I could do in a darkroom w/ b&w film back in the day. I'm having a blast shooting digital and I'm sure you are finding that too. Again, can't wait to see your photos.
I use a Canon 80D with the kit lens, 85-255mm, 100mm Macro, 50mm, 70-300mm, and a wide angle that I recently acquired, but can’t recall the size. The attached photo was from the kit lens.
867F1F7B-671E-4168-816F-B7015F8E5E3D.jpeg

Most reactions

Back