Northern Lights

Wow, I really love the Aurora lights! Unfortunately I've never had the chance to see them for myself, which makes shots like this all the better.

Thanks! Travel north then! :)

But you are already in Canada, so you have a good starting point :)

incredible stuff! i guess you could get some really nice light trails out there too....

Thanks both of you! The sky was incredibly clear, and you have no light pollution since there are no cities.

I also have some shots just of the stars, and maybe even of the many shooting stars which you could see. I did not do any long exposured for star trails though since I was so busy with the northern lights and did not want them with star trails. I have just seen too many images of NLs with star trails by others that I got tired of that concept and wanted the stars frozen ;)

I'm not sure how far north I'd have to travel from here to be close enough to see them, or even if it would be possible to see them from here if it wasn't for the light of the city below, (I'm on the 18th floor of an apartment building so given the view, it is a shame I've never seen any).

In any case though, traveling just isn't an option right now. I don't have a driving license over here yet, and probably won't be able to afford to even hire a car for quite some time. We have 3 kids too, so a trip like this would have to be incorporated into a family holiday really.

You really are quite lucky to get opportunities like this ;-).

Most reactions

Back