What's new

Northern Lights

Thanks , Andy! :)
 
Wow, I really love the Aurora lights! Unfortunately I've never had the chance to see them for myself, which makes shots like this all the better.
 
Thanks! Travel north then! :)
 
But you are already in Canada, so you have a good starting point :)
 
incredible stuff! i guess you could get some really nice light trails out there too....
 
Thanks both of you! The sky was incredibly clear, and you have no light pollution since there are no cities.

I also have some shots just of the stars, and maybe even of the many shooting stars which you could see. I did not do any long exposured for star trails though since I was so busy with the northern lights and did not want them with star trails. I have just seen too many images of NLs with star trails by others that I got tired of that concept and wanted the stars frozen ;)
 
I'm not sure how far north I'd have to travel from here to be close enough to see them, or even if it would be possible to see them from here if it wasn't for the light of the city below, (I'm on the 18th floor of an apartment building so given the view, it is a shame I've never seen any).

In any case though, traveling just isn't an option right now. I don't have a driving license over here yet, and probably won't be able to afford to even hire a car for quite some time. We have 3 kids too, so a trip like this would have to be incorporated into a family holiday really.

You really are quite lucky to get opportunities like this ;-).
 
You really are quite lucky to get opportunities like this ;-).

Well, I had to put effort into this as well.

one day you will also see them :)
 
Sorry everyone has already said it but i have to repeat it

wow :)

tim
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom