Norwegian Royal Palace, Oslo, Norway in HDR

JRWappel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3 images (-2, 0, +2) handheld on a cold day

The Norwegian Royal Palace (Slottet) is a huge structure located at the end of Oslo's main street, Karl Johans Gate. The palace is the official residence of the Norwegian Monarch and was completed in 1849.

HDR-Norwegian-Royal-Palace-Oslo-Norway-L.jpg

The Palace looks like it is falling backwards, Very interesting perspective. Great colors

The colour effect is interesting. But the slightly off square perspective is disturbing. The castle isn't dead on and not at an angle either.

Hmmm, maybe I'd like to see the distortion fixed.

Distortion... I'm not sure exactly how much of it is actually distortion and how much is just the geography. The building is set up on a hill and drops down pretty quickly. Obviously with such a large structure, I had to move back quite a ways. The picture was taken directly from the center because my back was to a large statue that's in the middle of the courtyard. I'd say the camera was a good 10+ feet below the base of the building.

This was shot at ~24mm on a Canon 5D mkII with a 24-105mm f4 L lens.

Any ideas about fixing the image?

It was my first time visiting that part of the world and I was able to get some amazing shots even with the crappy weather and limited time I had to work with.

-JRW

Here is another shot taken from further away... must less distortion.

HDR-Norwegian-Royal-Palace-Courtyard-Oslo-Norway-L.jpg

Looks more better (on my iPhone anyway!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back