NOT a good year to be famous

Machine May

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
"The year of death" continues - first Johnny Ramone, now our beloved Rodney Dangerfield. Man, this sucks.

"My wife said she wanted to have sex in the back seat - but she wanted ME ta drive!"

RIP

What about Marlon Brando? If you think about it, though, there really haven't been more deaths than any other year...probably just more deaths of people you personally admire.

core_17 said:
What about Marlon Brando? .

Brando was just another on a long list of celebrities to die in the last year... a LONG list. I have to say, the one that really hit me hardest, was John Ritter. I about fell over when I heard about that one. AFter watching pretty much every 3's company ever made as a kid, i was just shocked and sad. That disturbed me almost as much as Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley. "That's all I have to say about that."

core_17 said:
If you think about it, though, there really haven't been more deaths than any other year...probably just more deaths of people you personally admire.

I considered that at one point before coining this last year the "year of death" but I disagree. I never recall NEAR as many celebrities dying in one year as this one - not even close.

The reason I said that is because I personally HAVEN'T noticed more than usual this year. I can't say for sure when it was, but I do remember a time a few years back when I thought there were more than usual.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this the first time I've seen May's avatar. OMG that's is soooooo great!!! Sorry for the hijack- it just hit me so hard because I'm listening to music that fit it perfectly!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

go ahead..lololol.... I'm sorry... oh man that's funny.

core_17 said:
What about Marlon Brando? If you think about it, though, there really haven't been more deaths than any other year...probably just more deaths of people you personally admire.

Marlon Brandon's death really hit me hard....i think the last movie i saw with him was THE SCORE, i remembered the director sayin that he wasn't sure if Brandon would participate on the movie cause's of his health :cry:

About two days ago I think, Janet Leigh died from Hitchcock's Psico movie !
its a weird feeling.......

Most reactions

Back