not all snakes bite

Why not shoot it vertical.. as it IS a vertical subject? Lighting is very harsh... the shadows in the background say small light source, at a distance...

DannyLewis, is that a sword hilt? If so it's a very cool one.

I think the main thing hurting all the shots is distractions. You need to find a clean background and grab a shot with no shadows. That should emphasize the snake head more.

Yes but it is not good. My other flash has dead batteries, I am just passing some time and was trying to get the fake black background with the first but gave up think my aparature was open to much for it.

I got rid of the distractions in the background... and softened the shadows, so they are not so bad. And cropped it to get rid of dead space... See what a difference it makes?

$IMG_0092.JPG

It is a sword. THe only one I have ever found made from 440 stainless. I make knives as one of my hobbies. Here is my last set, the buyer backed out so I have knives with his initials on them.
View attachment 29720I did not make the sword though it was picked up in a trade.

THe cropping made a world of difference.

It is a sword. THe only one I have ever found made from 440 stainless. I make knives as one of my hobbies. Here is my last set, the buyer backed out so I have knives with his initials on them.

Oops. Take a deposit in the future!

swords knives and guns are not dangerous. its the holder.....

Hey Charlie, just asking, but why not remove the background shadow altogether? Here's a 5 minute play...

View attachment 29746

Most reactions

New Topics

Back