Not even the 600mm could get close enough!

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was down on my usual spot on the river that I've been frequenting for a number of years, on a side note it looks like our resident Kingfishers have died over the winter as they aren't anywhere to be seen (or heard).

Its not all bad news though as we now have a Dipper, I haven't seen a Dipper in about 2 years and I've never seen one on this part of the river. This particular one was flying up and down the river every 30 minutes or so, hopefully he'll establish a territory and find a mate and maybe we'll have baby Dippers!

This photo is a massive crop, even with a 1.4 TC and a 600mm it just wasn't close enough, waiting for the D400 so I can get the "extra focal length" (as big mike points out below, narrower field of view) with a crop body.

Dipper
Camera Nikon D3S
Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture f/6.3
Focal Length 850 mm
ISO Speed 3200​

Will be ordering a hide this evening, decided that if I'm going to be spending time on the river I'm going to need one.

Last edited:
I know that you know...but you don't actually get 'extra focal length' with a crop body. I'm sure you mean a narrower FOV. ;)

Semantics in my wording!
Yes...but 1000's of newbies don't know that...and I'll be the one trying to explain it to them. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back