What's new

Not for sure what these are....but C&C

They look like cran cherries to me.... but idk lol I like the second one because it has like a shadow all the way around it, looks good
 
#1: Composition feels a bit off on this one. I also wish you had gotten all the berries on that branch in focus and had the background fall off like it already is.
#2: Colors seem off... too much blue? Focus is better on this one. I'm not digging the composition of this one either
 
Two different answers on what those are, haha!

Thank ya ATV, I agree I like the shadowing
 
In #1, the focus looks to be camera right about where that lone dark berry is.

I think that I prefer #2 just because of the color contrast. But would have to agree on the composition, seem too centered.
 
In #1, the focus looks to be camera right about where that lone dark berry is.

I think that I prefer #2 just because of the color contrast. But would have to agree on the composition, seem too centered.

Yeah I did center them, the first one I put it at the side so I could get the bushes in the background...but yeah, focus is off, but not to bad...IMO
 
Two different answers on what those are, haha!

Thank ya ATV, I agree I like the shadowing

Not really different...they ARE berries. Now what KIND of berries is another matter. I never heard of a cran cherry (except for the juice from Ocean Spray), but cherries, etc. are types of berries.
Mostly, I was just having fun...they're berries, but I don't know what kind.
 
Two different answers on what those are, haha!

Thank ya ATV, I agree I like the shadowing

Not really different...they ARE berries. Now what KIND of berries is another matter. I never heard of a cran cherry (except for the juice from Ocean Spray), but cherries, etc. are types of berries.
Mostly, I was just having fun...they're berries, but I don't know what kind.


Welllllllll, I have no clue what they were haha but there growing off my bushes! :P
 
Yeah mine was a joke lol! I guess I didn't express the "joke" real well... but hey red, round, on a tree...could be anything hehe Aside from the type of berry, the pics are nice :)
 
Just boring shots of a colorful plant, really. Nothing interesting about the shots themselves, unfortunately.
 
Two different answers on what those are, haha!

Thank ya ATV, I agree I like the shadowing

Not really different...they ARE berries. Now what KIND of berries is another matter. I never heard of a cran cherry (except for the juice from Ocean Spray), but cherries, etc. are types of berries.
Mostly, I was just having fun...they're berries, but I don't know what kind.


Welllllllll, I have no clue what they were haha but there growing off my bushes! :P

By the way: I *think* these might be nandina berries. I thought the leaves looked familiar. Google "nandina" and see if it looks like what you took a picture of.
 
I was thinking either nandina or pyracanthia. Both are quite posionous except to certain birds (like bluejays) so don't try one.

Regardless of a lack of extravagance, out of focus in 99% of the cases is a poorly constructed shot which should immediately find its way to the trashbin. Exceptions, like PixelRabbit's image where she jacked up the ISO to 12,000+ fall into a completely different category which lends itself more to the abstract, than photo real.

Go back to the scene, use a diffuser to block the direct sunlight highlights, and reshoot. Read the comments as to composition and exposure and learn.

Learning requires two elements: one, the next shot you make has to be at least marginally better than the original and two, you have to open yourself up to undefended critique. I.e.,

"Yeah I did center them, the first one I put it at the side so I could get the bushes in the background...but yeah, focus is off, but not to bad...IMO"

"Well,obviously... I know these aren't extravagant."

Both comments are very defensive and in their own way tend to stifle further comment when you do a retry or post another image. If you want to grow as a photographer, put down the shield and take a few on the noggin.
 
Just boring shots of a colorful plant, really. Nothing interesting about the shots themselves, unfortunately.


Well,obviously... I know these aren't extravagant.

Don't get discouraged; you could try shooting these under unusual conditions, such as if they were ice/snow encapsulated or backlit with a spray of water on them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom