Not My Best...C&C

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So today I had a secondary shoot with a girl from work. We got to our first location and as I was setting up, I realized my triggers weren't working. Lesson learned lol. So I had to make it work. We only got these 2 from the location. They aren't my best, but I figured I would put them here for C&C. We didn't go anywhere else because we both decided it was too hot and sunny for her to be comfortable. We might do another shoot soon.

23vlwjp.jpg

14abjp4.jpg

Tyler
Did you notice the backround?

The heat's really apparent. She looks almost sweaty. The second one's also an unflattering angle. It looks like you shot low at an upward angle. Which generally makes people appear larger/out of proportion. Let's see the shots from the first shoot!

i'm not an expert ofcourse but i have some tips for shooting a model,first you have to choose a background that goes well with your model like they are part of this enviroment surrounding them,what color they wear and how it matches the colors in the scene is also important.
the pose taken by your object adds beauty to the photo,poses have to be natural and relaxed.
the angle in no1 is not proper as mentioned ,in no2 the pose is really dull.
please post more photos.

Like I said, these aren't my best. And I agree they look pretty bad lol. I did have another thread with the other shots. but i can post a few here. we are going to do some indoor shots this week. the higher angle in #1 is a shot at eliminating her heavy eyelids.

op0m7m.jpg

t8aepx.jpg

307uowm.jpg

se7tpi.jpg

I'll say it again. The way she makes up (or doesn't make up) her eyes gives her a racoon-ish, drug user kind of look. The upper eyelids, eye socket are to dark.

In the new photo's, the whites of her eyes are over done but they have more cripness.

#2 would have looked better had her head been tilted down just slightly, she had been "standing tall" and had been leaning forward just slightly at the waist, "over the belt buckle".

Keep experimenting. The photographer is responsible for the pose.

What was the issue with the triggers?

i like the background in no1, 3 and 4 are also nice.

thanks for the comments. and KmH, believe it or not before the shoot, she had on realllly dark purple eyeshadow lol. this was an improvement haha. but i understand. the triggers just were firing. im assuming the batteries died. so i just used my umbrella to diffuse the really harsh sunlight and used a reflector and my sb600 on camera at 1/64

i do really need to learn to pose people. I hate not knowing what to do lol. I do have some ideas that i want to do for the indoor shoot.

Tyler

You really cannot make her look what she is not..

Her friends and family know what she looks like and are used to her 'look'. If you try to change it too much, it may be more of a problem.

BTW:
The backrounds are better, and these are better photos.

The last 2 are good. Isn't there a program to help adjust the bokeh. I do not know how well they work, but it may help those shots. Of course, the lens and camera are the best way to shoot it.

i know this, thats why i dont really ask her to wear something that doesnt reflect her style. and thank you.

she is just not a photogenic girl...
She could be really pretty in real life, but in a photo....
I think you are going to have to play UP the setting and less of HER face. Sounds harsh to say but maybe do some action shots? Step back a few and get her entire body??

Most reactions

Back