Not so green

I'm glad to see one of these got nominated as I was just about to nominate as well. This is really great photography and a very interesting message to be told!

Interestingly the trees, at least in the first photo, look to be in straight rows (although this might just be a trick of the angle and the area chosen); so for those with a conservation mind-set this might well have been commercial plantation rather than native or wild woodland. Thus clearing of plantation might well be the first step. Although if it were a conservation initiative I'd have thought they'd have ground the stumps/pulled them and then aimed to restore back to grassland - at the very least stump removal before turbine construction.

And yes, sadly like solar and a lot of other green methods of energy generation; yes they work but they are nothing like as capable of putting out hte raw power levels that industry requires; and with AirCon and electronics on the rise the "can power x number of homes" statement gets a bit more iffy

Interestingly the trees, at least in the first photo, look to be in straight rows (although this might just be a trick of the angle and the area chosen); so for those with a conservation mind-set this might well have been commercial plantation rather than native or wild woodland.

Yes, great observation. See page 2. ;)

Interestingly the trees, at least in the first photo, look to be in straight rows (although this might just be a trick of the angle and the area chosen); so for those with a conservation mind-set this might well have been commercial plantation rather than native or wild woodland.

Yes, great observation. See page 2. ;)

Ahh I glanced through the pages but missed your last post on that page - yes that certainly explains it.

Actually now I note your country as well it might interest some that the stripping of plantation forest has happened in the south as well. Several plots have been given over to the RSPB to manage; who have stripped out the pine plantation and are aiming to put the land back into heather heathland.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back