bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot with the new 60-600 Sigma lens coupled to a D500. f/6.3, 1/4000, 350mm (effective mm on 1/2 frame of 510mm), ISO 640 - I have to shoot at higher shutter speeds since developing Essential Tremors, thus everything gets pushed.

The second image was using the 1.4 extender was at f/9, 1/1200, 900mm

CLC_6172-2.jpg

CLC_5977-2-pel.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful shots! Catching a Tern in flight is no easy task. I pretty much have to do high shutter speeds anymore for the same reason, my hands are so shaky anymore it's a wonder anything handheld turns out for me.

Wonderful shots! Catching a Tern in flight is no easy task. I pretty much have to do high shutter speeds anymore for the same reason, my hands are so shaky anymore it's a wonder anything handheld turns out for me.
I shoot cameras that can handle lots of ISO and then use denoising programs that also assist in good, clear shots. I shoot ISO 640-1200 if needed, apertures in the 6.3-9 range and shutter speeds 1250-4000. Long gone are the days of panning at 1/80th....you should ask your doctor about a drug called, Propanol. It's reduced my tremors by 50% at least. When it is feasible, I use a monopod.

Most reactions

Back