What's new

Not sure how I feel about this.

LimePanda

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 21, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying for an arty vibe with this shot but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.
Please let me know what you think.

View attachment 83246
 
Last edited:
Too blown out for me. All of the detail is gone.

How heavily was this edited?
 
Too blown out for me. All of the detail is gone.

How heavily was this edited?

Not much at all as it was intentional.
It's meant to look blown out hence the name "Blown Orange" :)
I just thought I would try and make something similar to a lot of modern art.
 
I think it might be a little more effective as part of a series -- do you have any more fruit?
 
Not yet.
Maybe I should :)
I was thinking some kiwifruit would be quite cool done like this.
 
hence the name "Blown Orange" :)
This is the first time you've mentioned the name of this piece. ;)

To me, the lost details hurt it a lot. Give the eye something to move to and from, or at least something to settle on...

"This isn't it", IMO - but keep at it.
 
hence the name "Blown Orange" :)
This is the first time you've mentioned the name of this piece. ;)

To me, the lost details hurt it a lot. Give the eye something to move to and from, or at least something to settle on...

"This isn't it", IMO - but keep at it.


Lol I thought you would have noticed the name when you fullscreen the photo :)
What would you think if the third slice had been visable?
 
hence the name "Blown Orange" :)
This is the first time you've mentioned the name of this piece. ;)

To me, the lost details hurt it a lot. Give the eye something to move to and from, or at least something to settle on...

"This isn't it", IMO - but keep at it.


Lol I thought you would have noticed the name when you fullscreen the photo :)
What would you think if the third slice had been visable?
I see the file name ... now, lol.

I think the third slice being visible might have helped - there did seem to be something there.
 
I was trying for an arty vibe with this shot but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.
Please let me know what you think.

How many different shots did you try? How does this photograph compare with the one that was in your mind's eye?

If I were going to do something like this, I would not hesitate to shoot many times until I got one that I liked.

Are we supposed to tell you that YOU like it?

Or are we supposed to tell how WE like it?

I suggest that you keep on doing this until YOU get one that you like, then post up to get our reaction.
 
I was trying for an arty vibe with this shot but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.
Please let me know what you think.

How many different shots did you try? How does this photograph compare with the one that was in your mind's eye?

If I were going to do something like this, I would not hesitate to shoot many times until I got one that I liked.

Are we supposed to tell you that YOU like it?

Or are we supposed to tell how WE like it?

I suggest that you keep on doing this until YOU get one that you like, then post up to get our reaction.


I suppose I wanted everyone to give their thoughts on it so I could weigh all the pros and con's of it. At this stage I don't like it as a conventional photo but I would love it in a modern art gallery type setting which was what I was aiming for so I suppose I succeeded :)
Already the feedback has been well worth it and that's why I posted it anyway.
 
Here...I Warholed it for ya. :)


$Blown orange 4k.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom