Not sure if I'm posting in the right place...

They do sell them but I didn't want to buy something .... I made a diffuser for my pop-up from an old milk jug. Works great :) (at least to my standards)

cgipson1 said:
Try flash.. you might like it! A single flash can be fast (1/2000 of a second or more).. that will freeze anything in total sharpness. And that is at a reasonable shutter speed, and with a smaller aperture (say F8 or so).. no more blur!

You have some beautiful subjects.. do them justice! :)

Thanks doe the tip. I'll give it a try. My only problem with flash when it comes to my animals is with Ezra, my male leopard gecko. He has albino in him so he's very sensitive to light, poor boy. Someone said to try using a diffuser but I'd need to buy a separate flash for that right? To my knowledge there aren't diffusers for the pop up flash on cameras. Am I wrong?

You can cut a whole in a ping pong ball.. so it will slide over the flash, that helps! Still small, but better than nothing...
This is one of the better ones available: Amazon.com: Lumiquest Soft Screen, a Diffusion Sheet for On-Camera Pop-up Flashes.: Camera & Photo and it wouldn't be hard to make something similar. You want it fairly large compared to the size of the flash.. about like the lumiquest is.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cgipson1 said:
You can cut a whole in a ping pong ball.. so it will slide over the flash, that helps! Still small, but better than nothing...
This is one of the better ones available: Amazon.com: Lumiquest Soft Screen, a Diffusion Sheet for On-Camera Pop-up Flashes.: Camera & Photo and it wouldn't be hard to make something similar. You want it fairly large compared to the size of the flash.. about like the lumiquest is.

Awesome, cheers for that! It's not all that expensive so I might ask my girl to order one for me for when I go see her in the summer (she lives in Texas) LOL

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back