Not that I care, but how do the "Thanks" get dimished?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know at some point I had 7 thanks in 6 post (this after the Thanks I had accumilated were nuked) ... or something like that and now it is less.

Only goes to the point that it's pointless.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mine have disappeared too...I only had 3 or 4. :meh:

Maybe the "Thank You Police" are out in full force??? :p

Definitely gone.

Whoever thanked you might have taken it back.

Why can't I thank ~Stella~?

Kundalini and Artograph both have the 'thank' buttom under their post, but it's not there on either of Stella's.

Capture-thanks.jpg

edit
Now it's there... I wonder why that happened...

Somehow, the button must have not loaded the first time. I've never had that happen before though...odd that it was only on both of Stella's posts.

Last edited:
I was able to thank Stella ??
Troy

Fu**ing kids. Ruined a perfectly good TPF with their stupid ass insistance on a thank you "button."

Whoever thanked you might have taken it back.
Hmmmm, that would almost make sense. But just because later on you discover the person you Thanked is an @$$hole, that shouldn't diminish the fact that at some point that person offered some value. I learned in the third grade that Indian givers was a bad thing.... (MAY I STATE THAT I AM OF NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE AND DO NOT INTEND THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT AS ANY FORM OF DISREPECT).

The ability of "taking back a Thanks" would just be wrong.

Noticed another new feature........ Thanks Stella. As soon as I can figure it out, I will make a formal lodge to Thank you.

To answer the question there are three ways to my knowledge:

1. Deleted Post
2. Administrative action
3. Indian giving (thankyou considered unwanted and taken back when nothing was exchanged for it)

kundalini's experience is most likely #2, I went from 12 in 12 to 2 in 2. Given it being new feature there are some who went on a thanking spree cuz it was there and subsiquently got all the thanks they gave nuked by administration, Even the honest thank yous from the users who went on sprees got nuked as a deturrant to abuse of the thank you button.

This is common with new features, people find them and abuse them for a few days then everything quiets down.

Here's another question....

I edited the spelling of "diminished" to "diminished" but it still shows as " dimished in the refresh New Post.

Just thought I'd throw that in.......

Here's another question....

I edited the spelling of "diminished" to "diminished" but it still shows as " dimished in the refresh New Post.

Just thought I'd throw that in.......

Too late to change that. You have maybe two minutes after posting a new thread to change the title.

What really happened here is abraxas went on a thankyou campaign and it got kinda nuts with people thanking everyone and the admins and mods got annoyed and whacked a lot of people's thank yous (I had like 23... I think abraxas had like 300) :lol: They also restricted it down so you can only do 3 thanks a day.

Most reactions

Back