KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm seeing a lot of "What lens" "What camera body" type posts being made in the Beginners subsection and would like to remind users that this is not the correct place for posting such questions. If you want to post about equipment relaited issues please use the following subsections and not beginners, thank you:

Photography Equipment & Products - for general/any equipment retailed threads

Canon - for Canon specific questions (note section is split into lenses, accessories and general)

Nikon - for Nikon specific questions (note section is split into lenses, accessories and general)

Sony - for Sony specific questions (note section is split into lenses, accessories and general)

In addition I would like to remind members who are working photographers (be you highly experienced or beginners in the photography working world) that you should be posting all relevant threads/subjects on professional work in the following site subsection
The Business District

Thanks all :mrgreen:

Please read the above. Thank you for reading the forum descriptions to ensure you start a thread in the appropriate forum. :thumbup:

Those engaged in the business of doing photography more than likely need to refrain from using the Beginner's forum.

And if you want some C&C or to just share your photos - http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum/272413-critique-galleries-now-open.html

Last edited:
Well this just stopped me from doing something annoying.

Note all the threads here in the Beginner's forum that have had to be Moved:

Free bump.

This why many times I've recommend not using the description of Beginner's Forum. It's too generic and not specific enough. Plus, with it being at the top of the forum list it's a, "oh, I'm a beginner I'll just start here" sort of thing.

Free bump.

This why many times I've recommend not using the description of Beginner's Forum. It's too generic and not specific enough. Plus, with it being at the top of the forum list it's a, "oh, I'm a beginner I'll just start here" sort of thing.

What should it be called?

Clues for those without one

We've had the debate before and never really landed on a suitable alternative name. Also the term "beginner" is something many new members feel is important as it makes those new to the hobby feel more welcome and more likely to take part and post.

In the end new people often make mistakes when posting in a new forum, but most pick up pretty fast where things are to go and we've enough moderators to keep the general flow of posts in the right places most of the time.

Free bump.

What should it be called?

Clues for those without one

Just don't have one. Don't classify based on a self assigned skill level. Works for every other photography forum out there.

The only reason i posted about a lens is that i am a beginner so thought i would be the best place to ask for advise sorry for any inconvinece.

oh this thread would be so much fun to hijack!

Most reactions

Back