Noticed photomatix doing something weird

zombiemann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I have a large number of exposures (9 or more) Photomatix doesn't always like playing nicely with the exif data. I'll check the exif in Bridge and everything will look OK as far as the + or - exposure value but Photomatix will throw a fit and say that 2 or more have the same exposure information. Does anybody else have this issue?

It will give you that info if you have made an error and taken 2 shots with the same settings, like you didnt change your shutter speed. Other than that Ive never had it act up with 9 exposures.

That's the weird thing. It normally does it with my auto brackets (where I set my neutral and have a set # of + and - and set increments. ). When I go back and check in bridge they all have different shutter speeds.

This means that there is not enough variation in the exposures.

photomatix does something weird every time I employ it, and i quit doing that
bigthumb.gif

Found the problem. It wasn't photomatix, it was my camera. I was doing low light/night HDR and apparently the T2i is limited to 30 second exposure. The camera was trying to take longer but they cut off early.

Ive mentioned a few times lately that your aperture has to be set at a number that will allow your longest shutter speed to be no longer than 30 seconds which is the limit to most DSLR without going to bulb setting.

Ive mentioned a few times lately that your aperture has to be set at a number that will allow your longest shutter speed to be no longer than 30 seconds which is the limit to most DSLR without going to bulb setting.
Yea, I had tunnel vision. I was so focused on trying to get rid of the CA, other concerns went by the wayside. That was a "my bad"

Most reactions

Back