November street (defocused)

I like the colours ... but the unfocused look doesn't do anything for me personally.

I like the colours ... but the unfocused look doesn't do anything for me personally.
Hello, Granddad!

I decided to make some defocused photos rather than photos with bokeh. I think a defocus is better way to achieve an abstract look. Because none of details is dominating, and every detail (people, trees) is equivalent to other. So, that was my goal.

What exactly do you mean by "defocus"? Are you just taking an out-of-focus picture, or is this an effect done in post?

What exactly do you mean by "defocus"? Are you just taking an out-of-focus picture, or is this an effect done in post?

I take picture in defocus (prefocus or postfocus) with manual lens. Than I use some postprocessing to make it look more pleasant.

This photo made with an old Helios 44-2 lens, which I twisted off my dad' camera.

It's definitely abstract. I'm not an abstract art fan but some people probably think it's the bee's knees.
Don't let a stolid old fart like me put you off from experimenting and expressing yourself. :D

More like Op Art.

Pomo, didn't you post this a few weeks ago already? I like it the more i look at it.

I take picture in defocus (prefocus or postfocus) with manual lens. Than I use some postprocessing to make it look more pleasant.

That just called out of focus.

Sorry they don’t look pleasant. The images being out of focus give a unsettling feeling.

Also I would not call them abstract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, Ligth Guru!

I think that abstract art (or photo) could be in many different forms. Try to google "suprematism", "futurism", "neoplasticism", "rayonism", "orphism", "abstract expressionism", "tachisme", and so on.

Hello, Ligth Guru!

I think that abstract art (or photo) could be in many different forms. Try to google "suprematism", "futurism", "neoplasticism", "rayonism", "orphism", "abstract expressionism", "tachisme", and so on.

While it's true abstract has morphed into the realm of "isms" they still retain certain qualities within their category. Personally I think these might fall more in the category of Fauvism.

If people can still easily tell what it is I cant consider it abstract.
Well, there can be some "level of abstraction". For example, surrealism could be close to reality but with some distortions like in a wavy mirror.

So, there are a lot of abstract painting, where you can name a subject, but it has distorted with some methods (as smoke665 said).

I think it is great fun that with digital photography you can now produce instant abstract art with a few clicks on the keyboard but I do miss the smell of oil paint. Not so much the second but I think you should have a great big print of the first one made if the file is big enough.

Most reactions

Back