Now that everyone thinks the're a photog with an iphone, I need advice... on pricing

your prices reflect poor quality. i don't tell anyone they're under or overpriced without seeing their work. who knows - you might be charging too much.

You've been given some solid business advice, so I won't presume to go further into that.

On a personal level, if you think you should be charging more for the disk and/or if you aren't sure that you are charging enough, then you are most likely not charging enough. Being the lowest price isn't something to strive for. And, if you feel like anyone with a camera/iphone can deliver images as good as yours, then you need to work on your images.

person 1: what should i charge for the pizza i make at home?
person 2: around $15
person 1: it tastes like crap
person 2: then $2

how do your photos taste?

your prices reflect poor quality. i don't tell anyone they're under or overpriced without seeing their work. who knows - you might be charging too much.

Ive looked and i would not pay $225 for a disc

Agreed.
If the OP is getting $225 for a disc, I'd say she should be grateful.

Yeah. Many people might print a few for the house, but the percent is dropping fast. I know many people that don't print photos at all. Now they just share them online and by phones and iPads. I have not print for my sell in years. And all my albums are shared online. There many good website that offer high quality photo sharing. Things change, you have to adapt

yeah, i think the days of 4x6; 8x10s are gone -- maybe a 30x10 for over the couch

oh - just noticed there's a web link

Most reactions

Back