Now that the D3100 has been released, D90 replacement!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Soo..the D3100 looks fairly impressive as an entry-level camera. It will probably have the D5000 and D3000 sales hit rock bottom.

Other than that, the D90 replacement is looking promising. If it follows this:

Magnesium-alloy body
16MP sensor
1080 HD video
Somewhere between 6-8 fps
Improved ISO range: 100-25600
39 AF points
Price: $1199 for body only​

as stated by Nikonrumors.com, it looks pretty enticing. We now know we can add to this list continuous AF in video mode.

What does everyone think about this? What can everyone bet the name will be? I know it hasnt been officially released, but I wouldnt have guessed the D3000 replacement would have been called the D3100. Who knows, maybe it could be something different like that? I cant see a D91 coming into play. D90s? D95? D900? Who knows?

What are your feelings of the initial, but fairly dated, news about this replacement?

Mark

If it has all of those features, it will seem to be highly competitive with the 300s.

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking about upgrading to the D300s, but then I read about this and decided to wait a month and see what happens.

Mark

Yea except it fell short of these rumored expectations in more that one aspect.

Got to nikonusa.com

I was wondering why this was made tonight when Nikon posted it all on their website. It does look pretty nice as most of the stuff is close to true. 1080p 14mp 12600 ISO

Still looks sexy for an entry level if you ask me.

Unless Im missing it, I dont see the D90 replacement on there...

Untitled-1.jpg

Mark

^Jesus they still have the D40 listed on their site?! Can you even get those new anymore?

Wow. A friend of mine has had one since like 2007 and they're really pieces of garbage, IMO. Even worse and slower than my old Rebel XTi from roughly the same time. I'm REALLY surprised they are still around in any way. I'm surprised that thing wasn't completely cut off as soon as the D3000/D5000 came out.

Wow. A friend of mine has had one since like 2007 and they're really pieces of garbage, IMO. Even worse and slower than my old Rebel XTi from roughly the same time. I'm REALLY surprised they are still around in any way. I'm surprised that thing wasn't completely cut off as soon as the D3000/D5000 came out.

I'd argue that the D40 is a heck of a lot better than a D3000. Give me a choice between the two and I'd go D40 everyday. ISO performance alone, the D40 blows away the D3000....sorry...I think the D40 is better than a xti as well. I looked at both when I bought one a few years ago and I thought the D40 was much nicer than the xti. The only advantage of the xti is the megapixels which doesn't matter unless you are printing larger than 20x30 or doing heavy cropping...both of which an entry level user of those cameras probably won't be needing.

The D40 has been the single largest-selling camera model Nikon has ever made. Ever. So, you know they must be garbage. Even though there are more D40's than Nikon F's, F2's, F3's,F4's F5's, FM's, FM2's, FE's, or FE-2's....yup...garbage...everybody knows the D40 was a piece of crap compared to a Canon Rebel XTi...the Canon's were offered in that superb silver-colored finish that proclaimed, "I'm a putz!" for all the world to see,and the Rebel had that super-cool Direct Print Button, so you could hook your Canon Rebel up to your Canon printer--directly!!!! Woo-hoo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back