Now to sneak in my camera.............

They'll search your big purse. Been there done that. It's a ****ty trip back to the vehicle when they find it. You are better off getting a bridge for things like concerts.
I've even had to show ID to prove that the meds in my purse were mine. Anything going into a concert venue is subject to search.

They'll search your big purse. Been there done that. It's a ****ty trip back to the vehicle when they find it. You are better off getting a bridge for things like concerts.
I've even had to show ID to prove that the meds in my purse were mine. Anything going into a concert venue is subject to search.
True. Guess I'm stuck with my point and shoot :grumpy: Plus, we will probably have a drink, or 2 or 3....blurry vision=blurry photos. Also, I'd rather have my point and shoot lost, stolen or taken from security than my Canon.

Hey, it's better than your phone! LOL!

True. Guess I'm stuck with my point and shoot :grumpy: Plus, we will probably have a drink, or 2 or 3....blurry vision=blurry photos. Also, I'd rather have my point and shoot lost, stolen or taken from security than my Canon.

They can't take your camera. They can not let you IN... but they can't take your camera.

Take a short lens if you know you're gonna be closer to the front... a lot of security dudes will equate a small lens to a non-professional camera.

Just go early... if they find it and tell you that you can't have it... just play dumb, "Oh, well... I thought pictures were allowed, I'm sorry... my mistake... I didn't realize certain cameras were restricted... I'll take it back to my car! :sillysmi: " ... and since you will have gone early... you'll have time to take it back to your car and return before the show starts. :biggrin:

Hmmm... You could do as e.rose suggests and bring a short lens on camera and lose the grip (if you have one) to make the camera seem as unassuming as possible then smuggle a long lens in somehow...

I had the same idea a few months back, so I put a 50mm lens on my D300s, and thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't try to hide it, and the security person asked to see it. So she looked at it and asked if it was a professional camera. With everyone armed with camera phones these days, camera restrictions have gone from being "No Cameras Allowed", to "No Professional Cameras Allowed". So when she asked me if it was a professional camera, I said "no". She then called her supervisor over to look at it. He asked me if the lens was removable. I told him that it wasn't. He then turned to the first security person and said, "If the lens is removable, it's a professional camera." So in I went. They had no idea what they were looking at, and chances are, the security at whatever venue you are going to won't either. Give it a shot.

They can't take your camera. They can not let you IN... but they can't take your camera.

Take a short lens if you know you're gonna be closer to the front... a lot of security dudes will equate a small lens to a non-professional camera.

Just go early... if they find it and tell you that you can't have it... just play dumb, "Oh, well... I thought pictures were allowed, I'm sorry... my mistake... I didn't realize certain cameras were restricted... I'll take it back to my car! :sillysmi: " ... and since you will have gone early... you'll have time to take it back to your car and return before the show starts. :biggrin:

I'll take both, leave the point and shoot in the car just in case they make me take it back. I will put my lens in the center section of my purse with a bunch of tampons, lol.:lol:

Most reactions

Back