****NSFW***NSFW***NSFW*** Belle Boudoir

To be honest- I didn't even notice the bathroom like others mentioned. The first thing I noticed ( aside from those ( . Y . ) lol was that the mirror reflection was dark. I would have liked to see more around in the mirror. It seems she's floating in black in the reflection. From what I hear, mirrors are tough. Other than that :twothumbsup:

I can always count on Robin's words of encouragement. :D

I kept the mirror dark because the chit in it was so distracting. Yes, I know, poor choice of room, too late. I went in on the recommendation of a friend.

I'm with the others.. totally looks like a public restroom.

Yes, it was a really hard shoot for me, not in my comfort zone working in such a tight space with so many reflective surfaces and I had my lighting all wonky... :'(
It was really hard for me to go from outdoor lighting to indoor lighting too, especially when it adds that yellow cast. I still struggle with it because it is so out of my norm.

looks like she is a 'working woman', especially in that location but if that's the effect you/she wanted then good.

So what if it's a public bathroom, I'd hope to walk into a bathroom and find her :D

Yes, thank you Kathy, I feel a bit uncomfortable working with studio lighting but I am doing my best to get it down. On Monday Belle and I are shooting in one of the finest studios around with one of the best photographers of this genre. He has offered to show me his techniques and help me out. I'm pretty stoked. :)

"I split a hotel room with a friend and tried my hand for the first time in a hotel room."

Only in a photography forum can you get away with some of the stuff we post.

Last edited:
So what if it's a public bathroom, I'd hope to walk into a bathroom and find her :D

bet you would

I would and if you don't have any constructive criticism you should avoid my threads. Your personal distaste has nothing to do with with objective critique as I am sure you would appreciate on your images?

I added this one this morning.

_POR7640-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

Bill, very nice.. like this one very much! Light is nice and soft.. the DOF leaves something to the imagination which is nice... she is a lovely lady!

bet you would

I would and if you don't have any constructive criticism you should avoid my threads. Your personal distaste has nothing to do with with objective critique as I am sure you would appreciate on your images?

I added this one this morning.

_POR7640-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

This one is really nice. Great framing and awesome catch lights!

The first one looks like a public restroom, as mentioned.
The second one is awesome, however you didn't have to pay for a hotel room to take it. Could have been lying on a cardboard box in a warehouse for the same shot =P
The third one with all the floral fabric, etc. is both high quality/hot and also taking advantage of the location non distractingly (though I suggest cloning out the outlet in the mirror)

Love the last one...she's beautiful.

Most reactions

Back