Number of photos?

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there any way to see how many total photos have been taken with my camera? Throughout the entire life, I mean. It's a D100.

Don't think so, other than counting the file number of the consecutively-numbered photos it takes.

With Nikon, there's a utility that'll do it. Just can't remember the name off the top of my head. Google something like "nikon shutter count" and it should pop up.

Opanda or any other EXIF file reader will give it to you...... down towards the bottom under "Number of shutter actuations"

There are a bunch of freeware programs (opanda among them) that'll read EXIF files. You can find a bunch under a google search for "EXIF file reader" - I saw opanda about 6 down

Nikon doesn't print the shutter count in exif as far as I know there's no way at all to extract it from jpeg. With the D200 at least it can only be pulled out of the raw files, I assume the D100 is the same.

D1 series or D100 the actuation count is not recorded anywhere us peons can locate. I am told there is a counter internal that Nikon service has access to.

Nikon doesn't print the shutter count in exif as far as I know there's no way at all to extract it from jpeg. With the D200 at least it can only be pulled out of the raw files, I assume the D100 is the same.

Sure it does.. this is from a jpeg, viewed with an app called 'EXIF Viewer' (Mac) Pic taken with my D70

edit: oops.. it seems you guys were talking about the D100 specifically? Well, i'll leave this up in case anyone else with a different model is interested.

actuations.jpg

Sure it does.. this is from a jpeg, viewed with an app called 'EXIF Viewer' (Mac) Pic taken with my D70

Oh that's handy to know in the future. The D100 D200 and as far as I know D1 D2x/h and D3 don't. But preview extractor can pull that info out of RAWs on these cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back