NWUSPA

I was thinking about using the groups favorite types of photos to guide location but that doesn't seem like it would work. I can't say that I'm a fan of Yosemite due to its being pretty much the ssdd type of thing having grown up about an hour away from much more beautiful scenery but if that is the group consensus I'm game.

Never been there, I couldn't even tell you where it was.. lol

It's a national park about 3 hours south of Lake Tahoe as far as national parks go it is kinda run of the mill and definitely doesn't have the city atmosphere going on. Nor is there a city withing comfortable driving distance.

Hmm... So is Yosemite around Redwood?

Redwood would be where? Talking Big Trees National Park? Or some city?

Redwood would be where? Talking Big Trees National Park? Or some city?

I have no idea where it is, I think it is somewhere in Northern Cali. I have seen pictures of it.. It is a national park with HUGE trees.
Well you know Ansel Adams spent a long time photographing Yosemite...

Yes Big Trees National Park is what you're thinking of they're in a similar area but probably not comfortable driving distance from each-other. Big Trees is kinda boring too once you've been there 4 or 5 times. They do have a tree that you could once drive a car through tho.

Actually come to think of it there are 2 parks in Northern California that feature redwoods...

Then maybe we should focus on a city.. That would have more things to photograph.

If you do landscape - If you're talking about the area around Yosemite/Reno, you may want to consider the eastern Sierra south (east of Yosemite) Mono Lake, Bridgeport, Bodie Ghost Town, Bishop, White Mountains Bristlecone Pine forest, Alabama Hills, Whitney Portal, etc. a photographers paradise. I'll be in the eastern Mojave Desert and then San Diego myself, but thought I'd bring it up. Have fun.

Then maybe we should focus on a city.. That would have more things to photograph.

Also easier for people to get to. Anyone taking planes or trains would have to head to Sacramento and then drive 4 hours to get to either Yosemite or Big Trees. Anyone driving and not familiar with the area would still have a painful time.

Actually slightly east of Big Trees is some of the most beautiful country you will ever see.

Also easier for people to get to. Anyone taking planes or trains would have to head to Sacramento and then drive 4 hours to get to either Yosemite or Big Trees. Anyone driving and not familiar with the area would still have a painful time.

Actually slightly east of Big Trees is some of the most beautiful country you will ever see.

So are we thinking Reno, or Tahoe or Vegas or something similar?

Out of those three Tahoe would probably be the best Reno is kinda boring from what I've seen of it and Vegas is just plain FAR.

Yeah...Reno is cool, but Tahoe is a lot closer, and in the forest instead of the desert!
Yosemite hands down though is an amazing place..Huuuuge cliffs all around you, 4,000 ft tall! Maybe not the best for this type of meet-up, but definitely an amazing place.

I much prefer Big Trees area to Yosemite same type of area less tourists. Not counting Big Trees itself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back