NY sleeps #2 - CC Welcome

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is another image of my trip to NY. CC Welcome. (would like CC before I post up on my website)
NY Sleeps (#2)

nysleepdreads.jpg

Hi platano,
I like the capture - the guy asleep in his chair on a busy NY street is such a contradiction in terms. I also like the way your main subject is off center, but still at the forefront of the picture through your focal length and angle. The stoplight at the top draws my eye away a bit because of its brightness. I'm not sure how a crop would look as you would lose some height, but it might be worth trying - just my 2 cents.

Thanks for sharing - it's an interesting shot that a lot of people would have walked right past.

I like the traffic light! It says, "stop." He did. :)

Nicely framed and exposed.

COOOL. I like the photo: this guy is sleeping while everyone else is doing smth. Great

It's interesting. Something about it isn't working for me, but it made me sit there and stare at it anyway.

I do think it's a bit dark... not a ton, but some.

Oh, you know what... I think I want a shallower DOF... that might be it. However, if you bring up the exposure it will wash out the people in the background a little which may have a similar and potentially pleasing effect.

The more I see this photo, the more I like it the way it is. (sorry Chris :mrgreen:)

I can see shadow detail. The contrast being strong on the sleeping figure sets him apart from the background. As we move back into the image, there is less contrast. There's just enough depth of field so that the sleeping guy is sharp, while we can still make sense of the background.

As I said above, I like the 'stop' light. And now I'm noticing that under it is a sign for NYPD security camera!

I also like that it seems every other person in the photo is moving away from our sleeping person! The world moves on without him! With a more shallow DoF, we might lose that impression.

The more I see this photo, the more I like it the way it is. (sorry Chris :mrgreen:)

I can see shadow detail. The contrast being strong on the sleeping figure sets him apart from the background. As we move back into the image, there is less contrast. There's just enough depth of field so that the sleeping guy is sharp, while we can still make sense of the background.

As I said above, I like the 'stop' light. And now I'm noticing that under it is a sign for NYPD security camera!

I also like that it seems every other person in the photo is moving away from our sleeping person! The world moves on without him! With a more shallow DoF, we might lose that impression.

This is my favorite pic of my "NYC Sleeps" group. I will post my NY Sleeps #3 when I get home today and see what you guys think. Thanks alot for the CC

Most reactions

Back