NYC Meet-Up Dates Poll

What weekend in November do you think the NYC meet-up should be?

• Both Weekends are No Good for Me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im not having any luck finding airfare for two people to NYC.

its around 400 bucks for two people just to fly up there.... :(:(

terri said:
It's definitely worth it, and easy to find. It's lovely. Hope you make it! :)

:lol: I think it's great!

He's like a teenage girl plotting out the shopping for the Mall of America. I think I'll take the boys and go find a place to get some hot chocolate :D

In truth, I'm just as excited. With the two new Canon models coming out I'd like to be able to test them out in person. It will be a while before we can afford one, but it's a nice chance to dream. Maybe I'll get a....hmmmm....a used Canon AE-1 so I can take some IR film :mrgreen:

MDowdey said:
im not having any luck finding airfare for two people to NYC.

its around 400 bucks for two people just to fly up there.... :(:(

train my friend, train.

strawberry field (imagine mosaic) is at central park and 72nd across from the dakota's where john lived (yoko's still there). that would be a great place to enter the park.

b&h is huge and has EVERYTHING you could ever want. their ordering and check out system is quick. they also have free parking.

JonMikal said:
b&h is huge and has EVERYTHING you could ever want. their ordering and check out system is quick. they also have free parking.

Aubrey...that does not give you license to FILL the surburban....Perhaps we should ride a bike there?!

Thanks for the other tips too, Jon!

Trains are cool!

Yes Jon, we could enter the park from the Imagine mosaic place.
There is also MoMA, Met, International Center of Photography, Madame Tussauds if you are interested.

You can book the Empire State Observatory in advance if you do not want to wait in the ticket line. - https://www.esbnyc.com/tickets/index.cfm?CFID=13256027&CFTOKEN=10879957

The time that I went to M Tussauds, they had a discount for AAA card holders. DOn't know if they still have that offer, but carry your AAA cards with you if you have it.

MDowdey said:
a train? are you hi? :)
We had the same discussion before (painfully) thinking we should bow out. It was like pay the plane tix and sleep in the park, or hitchhike up there to afford the hotel. :lol: Just too close to the holidays (and we're just too frickin' far away to consider driving). :(

New York is soooooo amazing, though. :) A trip through B&H didn't even cross our minds when we were there last time, how stupid were we?? :mrgreen: But we DID hit the Metropolitan, and it.was.awesome. :thumbup:

Matt...please keep trying! :( I don't know if you have Jet Blue there, but they seem to have reasonably cheap airfare.

around 168 per person, and it looks one way. i could be wrong.

You might want to just keep an eye on the prices Matt, sometimes they will go down a little closer to the day, like 6 weeks out vs. 8.

danalec99 said:
Yes Jon, we could enter the park from the Imagine mosaic place.
There is also MoMA, Met, International Center of Photography, Madame Tussauds if you are interested.

You can book the Empire State Observatory in advance if you do not want to wait in the ticket line. - https://www.esbnyc.com/tickets/index.cfm?CFID=13256027&CFTOKEN=10879957

The time that I went to M Tussauds, they had a discount for AAA card holders. DOn't know if they still have that offer, but carry your AAA cards with you if you have it.

Can you do the same for the Statue of Liberty?

Most reactions

Back