Obscure film trivia for movie nerds

blackdoglab

yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If we've got a movie quote game, why not trivia? It can be about any film obscure or not, just as long as it's a challenge. For the first bit of truculant trivia, how about this one?

What was the first film with sound to be shot in Technicolor. (this may be a trick question)

Sorry, no pickle for you. Wizard of Oz is a late entry. The film in question was made about ten years earlier, but by the same studio.

are we talking about syncronized speech, or does any sound count?

I was going to say a Disney movie but I would've been wrong. I looked it up and... won't tell to see if someone else knows it.

Since we're at the movie trivia, you all remember Star Wars, the 1st one, right? Remember the noise that the light sabres made? Do you know what made that noise in real life (and was subsequently recorded and used for the SW movie)?

For the original question; was it "The Viking"?

Mitica100 said:
Since we're at the movie trivia, you all remember Star Wars, the 1st one, right? Remember the noise that the light sabres made? Do you know what made that noise in real life (and was subsequently recorded and used for the SW movie)?

It was created using the noise of feedback from a microphone passing an old television set. :wink:

I watch too many movies.

They recorded a hummingbird's flight.

The Viking..... YES!!!! It was shot in two-color technicolor and had a synchronized music and sound effects track. It was made in 1928 by MGM.

Another early film trivia bit. What was the earliest use of widescreen either anamorphic or large format (any film gauge larger than full frame 35mm.)

They recorded a hummingbird's flight.

Really? I've never heard that one before. Awesome. :)

For those of you who've seen the original Superman, do you remember the part where Clark Kent kicks the football into orbit? Guess how they did that scene (no computer-generated effects). :)

Hey - new member with a quick question: at the beginning of Phone Booth with Colin Farrell, theres an uncredited narrator who talks about phones in NY. Can anyone put a name to that voice?

Really? I've never heard that one before. Awesome. :)

Darth Vader's breathing is from a mic placed on SCUBA gear. Laser guns firing were striking a transmission tower guy wire with a wrench.

Nothing like reviving a very old thread... LOL

Most reactions

Back