obviously.... i am not cool...because

shootLib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im a "noob".

i was not aware of this term until my boyfriend told me that i was " a noob on this forum" and he made me feel like a "dork" on Photo forum.

he always gets on Bimmerforums.com and is supposedly a "pro".

so now i am thinking.....why does it have to say " TPF NOOB" right under our names. hah.
i really was not aware of this uncool term that i am now obviously one of.

There is nothing uncool about it. It just means you are new to the forums.

Don't take it so negatively, but rather take it lightheartedly as it's intended!

Photography-wise, I will be the first to say that I'm a noob, and I've been at it for more than 4 years.

Yea...
To be honest the term noob makes my skin crawl... Kindof a fingernail creaking across a chalkboard kind of thing...

I understand why they attatch it to new useres here(I am new).
Its surely in a fun cute sort of meaning, and I would not take offense to that...
But I reserve the right to absolutly hate the term at all times.
I much prefer "gumby"
Gumby - however I use in a slightly different manner than which noob is used. I would describe the difference as: "noob" is time sensitive.
While "gumby" is a unit of skill.

And I may be both a "noob" and "gumby" as far as this forum and its content are concerned...

(Oh and if someone pics on you for your noob status, its because they are proud of wasting more time than you have.... In a forum context that is..)

my boyfriend told me that i was " a noob on this forum" and he made me feel like a "dork"

maybe the problem is your boyfriend, not the term noob...:mrgreen:

I carried my noob-title with pride on TPF.

pascal

i just thought it was funny that he said that.
i think there is alot more negativity to that forum.

and yep, i think we may just all have a nerd side. :)

maybe the problem is your boyfriend, not the term noob...:mrgreen:

I carried my noob-title with pride on TPF.

pascal

You my friend can carry anything with pride.. And make it look good!! :hail:

Being able to admit noobie status is great on this forum, because then you get all the help you can ever want. People are great here and are very eager to help out...
Noobs, are cool, everyone here was one once.

(Oh and if someone pics on you for your noob status, its because they are proud of wasting more time than you have.... In a forum context that is..)

oh yeah, he fits in that category.

Btw, if you subscribe, you can change it to whatever you wish it to be. ;)

I didn't know that.
I've thought about subscribing....and this is may be taboo to say..but.. I felt like subscribing-especially with a low post count would be an ultra/instant nerd type of thing to do.... And I wouldn't seperate myself from most "nerds" yet I'm not an ultra one.. ;/

You my friend can carry anything with pride.. And make it look good!! :hail:

25.gif

:mrgreen:

pascal

Ok people, I see there still needs to be some re-education in the 'nerd' department.

NERDY = SEXY. GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE!!!!

*flaunts her nerdocity*

Most reactions

Back