What's new

Occupy Wall Street

Haya.H

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
40
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering if these are contest worthy? I haven't done any editing i know they need some work, exposure, sharpnening, and cloning that pole out in 2 & 3. Any opinions on editing?
1.)
$New York 2011 733.webp

2.)
$New York 2011 750.webp

3.)
$New York 2011 751.webp
 
What's the contest? theme? sorry if I missed it from another post.
 
What's the contest? theme? sorry if I missed it from another post.

i was hoping you'd comment cause i love your editing skills and i might need you help :)

The theme is :

Let’s get moving! We all live in an exciting ever changing world, and now we want YOU to move us. Capture a story from your dynamic life, in photos or video, and you can win big prizes with Canon. We’re looking for still and moving images that express the exciting changes taking place around you that depict the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

very vauge and broad, kinda makes me mad cause i dont know exactly what they're looking for! :x
 
Resisting...urge...to make...political comments. Pushing...politics...aside. Ah, now then. I agree that the 2nd one is the best, it has a more natural feel than the 3rd but I favor candids so take that for what it's worth. the 1st one seems too busy for me and the guy nonchalantly eating the apple sets the wrong mood. I like to see protestors displaying passion about their cause.
 
Resisting...urge...to make...political comments. Pushing...politics...aside. Ah, now then. I agree that the 2nd one is the best, it has a more natural feel than the 3rd but I favor candids so take that for what it's worth. the 1st one seems too busy for me and the guy nonchalantly eating the apple sets the wrong mood. I like to see protestors displaying passion about their cause.

hahahaha, so do you think its the best and thats it.. or its overall a good shot that i could possibly enter in a contest?
 
What's the contest? theme? sorry if I missed it from another post.

i was hoping you'd comment cause i love your editing skills and i might need you help :)

The theme is :

Let’s get moving! We all live in an exciting ever changing world, and now we want YOU to move us. Capture a story from your dynamic life, in photos or video, and you can win big prizes with Canon. We’re looking for still and moving images that express the exciting changes taking place around you that depict the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

very vauge and broad, kinda makes me mad cause i dont know exactly what they're looking for! :x

ahh yeah, I remember now, I did see that thread.

Well, I think you picked a good choice...politics aside. (I too resisted the urge..lol. Politics is just a bad idea to talk about. lol)

Honestly, and just my opinion here. Number one is too busy, and number two, while has good photo possibilities...dont' think is good for the contest.

I think a group would work better for your contest than an individual. Although...possibly the right single image could work. Lol, kinda contradicting myself.

1 just seems too busy in background and I feel doesn't capture what you want for the contest. I really would not bother editing these for the contest. Maybe edit number 2 for personal keep though. You already know what it needs as you stated in your original post. 2nd type might make a good b&w, i'll play in a bit and see how I like it for that. Baking a cake now, lol.

I am guessing they will be there a while..so shoot more and try to capture that one image that really hits home on your theme.
 
also...I realize the hard part is going to be capture enough to make the show of the theme while not capturing a bunch of crap in background...going to be tricky to find backgrounds that work with the subject vs. working against.

also..one reason the first pic don't work is because you captured the guy staring at his apple. He's just not a good "protester", so that capture does not capture the theme at all, it says "I'm a moron and I now need another apple"
 
They are using certain words, exciting, dynamism (is this even a word?), vibrance, ect. It seems to me that they want action, passion ect. The thing about contests though is that it's not how good your picture is as much as how good your competitions pictures are.;-) Could you see what some of the other entries look like?
 
They are using certain words, exciting, dynamism (is this even a word?), vibrance, ect. It seems to me that they want action, passion ect. The thing about contests though is that it's not how good your picture is as much as how good your competitions pictures are.;-) Could you see what some of the other entries look like?

Yeah i can see them, Home | Canon Dynamic World Photo Competition 2012 , honestly the REALLY good ones, are very repititive not very unique at all.
 
What's the contest? theme? sorry if I missed it from another post.

i was hoping you'd comment cause i love your editing skills and i might need you help :)

The theme is :

Let’s get moving! We all live in an exciting ever changing world, and now we want YOU to move us. Capture a story from your dynamic life, in photos or video, and you can win big prizes with Canon. We’re looking for still and moving images that express the exciting changes taking place around you that depict the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

very vauge and broad, kinda makes me mad cause i dont know exactly what they're looking for! :x

ahh yeah, I remember now, I did see that thread.

Well, I think you picked a good choice...politics aside. (I too resisted the urge..lol. Politics is just a bad idea to talk about. lol)

Honestly, and just my opinion here. Number one is too busy, and number two, while has good photo possibilities...dont' think is good for the contest.

I think a group would work better for your contest than an individual. Although...possibly the right single image could work. Lol, kinda contradicting myself.

1 just seems too busy in background and I feel doesn't capture what you want for the contest. I really would not bother editing these for the contest. Maybe edit number 2 for personal keep though. You already know what it needs as you stated in your original post. 2nd type might make a good b&w, i'll play in a bit and see how I like it for that. Baking a cake now, lol.

I am guessing they will be there a while..so shoot more and try to capture that one image that really hits home on your theme.


These were taken 7 months ago, i am no longer in NY. is that considered cheating? lol. And i would deff like to see your take on the pics.
& dont burn the cake!
 
some contests vary, I would check the rules, so I dunno if it would be cheating or not. I'll play with em after dinnner and see what I can come up with.
 
So I was screwing around and messed up this image on accident. When looking at it, I kinda like it. lol. Totally screwed it up...but hrmm. lolol


$New York 2011 733-oops.webp
 
lol! ah it hurts my eyes, yet i wanna keep looking. what else did you come up with? the more i play with these pictures the more i hate them. :grumpy:
 
Well, I did some adjusting to pic 1, but I just really don't think it's a good foundation to even edit with.

I did two different black and whites as well.

Nothing spectacular imo on my edits...so sorry to dissapoint. :-)


$New York 2011 733-1.webp




$New York 2011 750-bw1.webp




$New York 2011 750-bw2.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom