What's new

Occupy Wall Street

oops, ignore the first image...it is the same one you put up. I guess I lost my edits when I had that mess up. all i did to it though was crop a bit and adjust leveles/highlights. really nothing
 
Here's first in b&w

$New York 2011 733-bw.webp
 
Just not seeing much potential in these...and my edits...to me..didn't really improve on things. Maybe someone else has a different take...better ideas or edits.


Just noticed I forgot to bring out the message in the second b&w, oh well, but you can get the idea in it anyway...lol
 
I don't find them contest worthy, sorry. Especially the guy amputated at the knees.

After looking at 23 pages of entries, it appears 75% of the entrants don't understand the theme either.
 
I don't find them contest worthy, sorry. Especially the guy amputated at the knees.

After looking at 23 pages of entries, it appears 75% of the entrants don't understand the theme either.

Yeah i didnt think they were either. :/

can you explain how you understood the theme? Because honestly they confused me...
 
Those protesters are playing right into the hands of the elite. They want to cause a divide and the protesters are sure happy enough to go along with it.
 
These pictures arent' contest-worthy.
There's little emotion and what emotion there is isn't congruent with the words.
You need the words to understand anything about the image; without the signs, they are people sitting around.

Here is an Occupy picture that shows what I mean. Certainly not perfect, maybe not even good, but it is an attempt to make an image that says something intinsically.

p740761162-4.jpg
 
Time to think outside the box.

Here's one thing I was thinking while reviewing this thread. How does that image or images you have move you? Does it? Does it really? Does the subject matter of those images move you? Do they really?

I'm guessing no on all accounts. While they might move others, the situation that is, you are focusing on others wanting to change the world.

Here is a recap of what Cannon is looking for.

We’re looking for still and moving images that express the exciting changes taking place around you that depict the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.


Forget about the world and its problems. Forget about idiots and their seemingly individualistic yet conforming acts. What moves you? What gets you going? What shows the awesomeness that is around you, your surroundings.

Fill your head with that. Look deep inside you and find something that says YOU that you can capture. Even if its simple. Lots of folks try to overdo these contests. Take something simple and do it well, and use what moves you as a person within your surroundings.

Have I bolded and italicized the word YOU enough? lol.

Look at your location.... protesters in New York?... who gives a rats ass, you're in Jordan, filled with history and ever changing surroundings. Does any of that affect you? I bet it does.
 
also...I bet you can walk out your door and within a city block there is something, a building, apt, restaurant, something that is old and being remodeled to try to bring it modern. Try to capture that, and get that message into the photo, taking old Jordan and making it modern...certainly that shows the changes around you and the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.
 
also...I bet you can walk out your door and within a city block there is something, a building, apt, restaurant, something that is old and being remodeled to try to bring it modern. Try to capture that, and get that message into the photo, taking old Jordan and making it modern...certainly that shows the changes around you and the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

I tried that! if i was back in NC i would have a billion ideas, a billion places, a billion pictures. But the thing is i know nothing here! for gods sake i cant even read or write arabic! Thats my BIGGEST disadvantage. + that i dont have a car. :x
I get what your saying, and i have an idea that im gonna try out if it doesnt work... oh well. well better luck for me next time. lol
something kinda like this.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/graphics-programs-photo-gallery/287660-reflection.html

but with a twist, what do you think?
 
These pictures arent' contest-worthy.
There's little emotion and what emotion there is isn't congruent with the words.
You need the words to understand anything about the image; without the signs, they are people sitting around.

Here is an Occupy picture that shows what I mean. Certainly not perfect, maybe not even good, but it is an attempt to make an image that says something intinsically.

p740761162-4.jpg


I definitely see what your saying, guess the pictures are getting tossed. lol thank you :)
 
also...I bet you can walk out your door and within a city block there is something, a building, apt, restaurant, something that is old and being remodeled to try to bring it modern. Try to capture that, and get that message into the photo, taking old Jordan and making it modern...certainly that shows the changes around you and the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

I tried that! if i was back in NC i would have a billion ideas, a billion places, a billion pictures. But the thing is i know nothing here! for gods sake i cant even read or write arabic! Thats my BIGGEST disadvantage. + that i dont have a car. :x
I get what your saying, and i have an idea that im gonna try out if it doesnt work... oh well. well better luck for me next time. lol
something kinda like this.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/graphics-programs-photo-gallery/287660-reflection.html

but with a twist, what do you think?

I think it all depends on how you do it and if it matches the theme....
 
also...I bet you can walk out your door and within a city block there is something, a building, apt, restaurant, something that is old and being remodeled to try to bring it modern. Try to capture that, and get that message into the photo, taking old Jordan and making it modern...certainly that shows the changes around you and the dynamism and vibrance of your surroundings.

I tried that! if i was back in NC i would have a billion ideas, a billion places, a billion pictures. But the thing is i know nothing here! for gods sake i cant even read or write arabic! Thats my BIGGEST disadvantage. + that i dont have a car. :x
I get what your saying, and i have an idea that im gonna try out if it doesnt work... oh well. well better luck for me next time. lol
something kinda like this.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/graphics-programs-photo-gallery/287660-reflection.html

but with a twist, what do you think?

Seems like there is a lot of change around you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom