• photo34

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • photo35

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • photo36

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yay guys !! how do you expect me to vote if there are at least 15 photos which I loooove!!!?????

eydryan said:
... just vote for yours ...

OK, I'll stay all quiet about all this from now on, keep my silence, think my thoughts and watch from outside ... seems to be better that way :taped sh: ...

eydryan said:
well i'm sorry to say this but i'm a bit dissappointed... i mean there are some great ones but some are just not that good really...

oh, well, maybe i'm just picky :D
It seems to me that you are just whining about the fact that 'inferior' photogs have been allowed to joined in. :confused:

This is an open competition. Why not see it as such and just encourage those that dare to take part? Surely the best shot will win anyway so what's the problem?

aaaaarrrgg...

I voted for the wrong photo :banghead: They're all good, but I accidently voted not for the one I wanted. I'm not gonna say which one, but I will say I meant to vote for #?. So, if it looses by 1 vote...sorry :blushing: Again, all great photos!!!

It's just been one of those days!?

Marctwo said:
It seems to me that you are just whining about the fact that 'inferior' photogs have been allowed to joined in. :confused:

This is an open competition. Why not see it as such and just encourage those that dare to take part? Surely the best shot will win anyway so what's the problem?

it's not that as much as the fact that there are a few (one or two) which are very poor... and i personally believe you should bring your best work into a contest, and in a contest as permissive as this (90% of my pictures are in colour so they fit in the category) everybody should have what to post. there are some great shots but some are just... well, not. and what is wrong with expressing my opinion? and how come i'm the whiner? i'm not the one who feels attacked...

and once again as i said above if you don't find my opinion of any use or value why not just ignore it and go on? why feel like the moralizing role is yours?..

EDIT - Understood.

I think that everyone did a great job...All of the photos represent color very well from different perspectives and for the most part are very good captures...

Good job everyone. :thumbup:

Cesium 911 said:
eydryan, I've been trying to keep quiet this entire time, but I can no longer do that. You have posted nothing but negative comments in this thread, some of them personally putting people down, and bringing ..............................................................................................................Good job everyone. :thumbup:

My thoughts exactly, so I won't dwell on it. Everybody is a beginner at one point or another. Good job everyone and I'm hoping to contribute next time.

eydryan said:
well it's just an opinion. and this is why this is not a locked thread right?

I've considered locking it in the past. Maybe I'll consider it again

Cesium 911 said:
You have posted nothing but negative comments in this thread, some of them personally putting people down

As uncalled-for as the comment was, I don't believe that eydryan meant to put anyone down personally.

Cesium 911 said:
you are simply one meaningless opinion

Then why acknowledge it at all?

I assumed everyone would just let this pass, but this thread is starting to get pretty negative. It's funny how one negative comment creates such a snowball.

The point of this contest is to have fun and experiment a little. Not too mention it’s always been a great way of drawing in new users here to the forum. Every month I get an email from someone stating that they're new on the forum and it's their first contest. I'm glad they join up and submit their photos. Maybe their photos won't win on their first challenge, but eventually they might.

I hope that each person submits photos because they want to have fun and improve their work. There's nothing wrong with a little good completion to inspire someone to work harder and do better.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who submitted photos this month. Nice work everyone!

Sorry to let things get out of hand...*gets back on topic* :)

I think everyone did a great job. The contest was a very vague specification. Said nothing about what and where or how the color had to be incoporated. As far as I am concered as long as every photo has color then it should be in the challenge. Hats off to those who entered.

I'm probably way out of line saying this, but would it help if we had multi-part voting, part for 'interpretation' and part for 'content'? I only ask because I feel some of the best photo's in past months (that have done well) have been very 'borderline' on subject and if we could see how everyone felt that the content fitted to the topic we may develop a general feel for what is and isn't OK? Or even vote with points for the top 3 or 5...

Does that make sense?

TwistMyArm said:
I've considered locking it in the past. Maybe I'll consider it again
please don't take this the wrong way. i can see why the forum would not want comments posted about particular images to sway opinion. but i think the view results should also be locked and kept confidential until the contest is over. otherwise i don't really see the point in not commenting since you can view the results before voting. :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back