Odd bugs

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any idas as to what these are apreciated, and of course c&c.

I had never seen them before, found in northern france about 2-3mm long on a head of grass

blackgreen_bug_01.jpg

Thanks for looking

tim

Your shots never cease to amaze me. I have no clue as to what any of them are other than amazing.

How do you even find this stuff?

It look like a Shield bug, but I am not too famialir with the bugs of th USA so I might be wrong?

Those bugs are weird! I love this shot, the green colors look great

Joan, many thanks, yes i think you are right, i dont think they are same as in SA either, incidently somewhere i would love to go and take some pics, the diversity and difference from the other biotopes would be fantastic to see. It looks like the european green shield bug Palomenaprasina as these were in france.

Many thanks AMP, most people think they bugs are creepy, it is nice to see that it can be overcome :).

Abraxas, from you i take that as a real complement, thanks, especially so as you have such an eye for the other end of the size spectrum :).

tim

You are welcome Tim. SA definitely has many photographic opportunities from deserts to high forested hikes and the ocean. I am trying to get away for a few day to start doing some macro photography, but it is not quite summer here yet so I will go towards the end of October. We have some beautiful areas where there are waterfalls and I think I will be able to get some nice mushrooms and lichen. If you ever want more info on SA, please let me know.

Most reactions

Back