Odd Pictures

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are afew pictures, I know they are not what you guys are use to seeing but I wanted to share them with you. This is my other hobby, LOw Level Aerial Photography. I use a Pentax S40 or S50 Optio and a little RC Plane.

SSATCB.jpg

SSATSB.jpg

GSRDCB5.jpg

GirlscoutRDCB.jpg

GSRDCB1.jpg

Did you just set it to timer mode and then let it shoot away?

Bombs away, lets blow that bridge!
Nice capture, I too would like to know your setup.

I use a Gws Slow Stick airplane with Futaba transmitter and reciever. Servos are also Futaba, the motor is a Himax 2812-850 14amp. I use a 3s 15c lipo 910mah.

The camera os a Pentax Optio S40 4mp with a one gig sd card. I also use a S50 from time to time.

I put the camera in continuos picture mode and use a nut and rubber band to hold the shutter down. It sets the focus to inf. and the wb to what ever I chose the first shot to be. Depending on the light I might point it at the ground or sky to set it.

Oh goodie: I recognise the place from your off-the-ground-photos :D.
But aerial photos are sooooooo different!
Cool!

Very cool! I've been interested in using a kite or ballon to do something similar.

Congratulations Tyson, the idea is not new, but you have made it work. Years ago I bought a 14 foot balloon and fitted a Hasselblad ELM to it and figured out a way to electronically fire the shutter [this was pre digital] The camera had an automatic exposure shutter and was pre set on infinity and being an ELM would automatically transport the film. I needed a reasonable sized balloon to take the weight of the camera. My electronic mate was testing it without the camera to check the adjusting bracket worked, and the monster escaped the lanyard we were using to hold the thing. It was last seen flying towards planet Uranus at a rate of knots, never to be seen again. I gave up that idea. It's probably still out there somewhere confusing air traffic.

Most reactions

Back