Of Clouds, Beach and Driftwood (56k warning)

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We have had a long dry spell here and finally yesterday some clouds of note. I could not let the clouds go by without taking some pictures

IMG_3492-01.jpg

IMG_3482-01.jpg

IMG_3500-01.jpg

IMG_3495-01.jpg

We were not warned of nuclear explosions in the area :scratch:
IMG_3510-01.jpg

These are all great John!!! I love the first one! The sky is just awesome!

No, you could not let those clouds go by without taking some pictures! No!
And I am glad you DID take these pictures, including the self-portrait.
Those clouds are spectacular.
And so are all your photos. I like all the angles you have chosen! And I like the first best of all!
The "nuclear explosion" cloud is of an impressive form, isn't it? But we did not have anything of an explosion on the news, either. So you may still be safe ;).

These are so nice. :) Love the top one especially!

What a beautiful day it was!

i love you man! i want to hang out with you in your world for a month and experience what you felt in your self capture. i'm not blowing smoke John, your work is so damn inspirational for us all; i know i speak for everyone who sees your images, even those who don't comment...you definitely leave us all with a deep sense of peace in each shot.

Oh my god! This is heaven. Are those clouds really? Great, great, great ...

John,

Your captures and conversions have really been pushed above and beyond recently. These are all great and I can see you have really been demanding more from your photography recently. Keep up the great work and keep us entertained with your excellent results.

Eric

Wow, thank you very much everyone!

Lafoto thankyou, it was just to much a temptation to pass up, I had tons of other stuff to do, ah well the work will be there another day.

Terri it was a spectacular day, not to hot or cold and very dry air by the lake. Lake Superior being large enough seemed to keep the clouds off to the distance. Sometimes the lake is totally overcast while it's sunny on land, it is a strange place at times.

Thank you so much JonMikal, it is really great to know someone of your caliber likes my work. I know what it is like living in a big city, getting away is important. The beach I was on is about 3 miles long by app. 75ft wide, the dunes go back for a few hunred feet more, there was only myself, a father and his two sons fishing, and some bear tracks on a saturday :shock: For most tourists this place is too far out of the way, the weather somewhat unpredictable and the Lake is damn cold.

Airic thanks for noticing, I seem to be appreaciating the scenery around myself more and more, not just the large but the small also, I think that has been helping along with experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back