Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMX

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cyclo-Cross

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
:laughing: You do know you can just buy the chain ring and replace it. Right? I used to replace mine all the time though not for wear, but to change ratios for a particular race. Same with rear cogs.
Well aware, however when you combine two front chain rings (one totally worn, one less so), a new rear cassette, front fork, front derailleur, and cables, it's starting to get north of the cost of a whole new bike.

Yeah pretty much. Which was situation normal for me back then. I had three bikes all road, and two of the frames I had for about 15 years with many component changes. I easily spent thousands on them all instead of replacing the whole bike. I liked them. What are chain rings now anyhow? They were dirt cheap back in the day. Unless you ordered something special. The other stuff such as derailleurs were not that much either. The best way to keep your new gears from wearing out like that is changing your chains frequently, and having a couple of different ones to use to keep them from profiling the gears.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back