oh, for the love of all that doesn't suck!!

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
what's the most painful, yet MINOR injury you've ever experienced?

i'd say mine was running full speed into an antique (translation: large, heavy, wooden) radio and breaking my toe. now, i have nothing to compare that to given that i've never broken anything but that one toe, but from what i've heard from folks who've not only broken toes, but larger bones as well... the toe is one of the more painful things to break.

that said, i don't wish to find out whether or not that is actually true. :er:

however, what i just did about 10 minutes ago was pretty damn bad. :grumpy: and worst of all, it's my own fault. :???:

i was getting out of the bathtub and i went into my room to put some socks on. the cord on my hair dryer was hanging down onto the floor in the bathroom and it was lying there in such a way that the prongs on it were sticking up. so when i walked back into the bathroom, i stepped on it.

can i just take this moment to say OOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH!! :( it didn't even break the skin and it's just gonna be a bruise, which is no biggie, but MAN did that hurt!

Sorry to hear that, Carli. I hate stepping on things. The bottom of my feet are way too tender.

For those of you that have weaker stomachs, you may not want to read this.

My aunt and uncle had this above ground pool built onto their back deck. There is a lip all the way around the pool that has about a one inch (2.2mm) gap between it and the deck. I was running full speed toward the pool to jump in and slipped, my toe went in that gap, I flipped over the lip, my toe stayed until the point it felt as if it would be ripped off before it popped out. Worst part: I had to swim back to the edge before I could check it out to make sure my toe was still attached. It didn't do too much to my toe, just bruised it really bad.

So, Carli, I feel your pain. :-x

double hernia.

went to pick up some aluminum bar at work one day and reached down, yanked on it, and realized that i could feel something tearing and bulging. i wont go much further due to the graphic nature of the injury...but it was the most painful thing ive ever felt.

md

holy crap, hobbes! i literally cringed when i read that! (it really isn't very easy to make me do that! ;)) and i'm surprised that didn't cut you or something. :crazy: it sure sounds like it would have!

i don't know what it is about people hurting their feet, but it just gets to me for some reason. maybe cause i've done it enough to be able to somewhat imagine what they've gone through or something. (i've stepped on nails and staples and paperclips... even a couple of toothpicks. i'm such an idiot. :confused: )

******this next little bit is not for the faint of heart either, just to warn you******

that also reminded me of the time that my toenail on one of my big toes got ripped from the nail bed and bent back because this idiot that was on my drum line in high school (who insisted on helping me carry my stuff inside after a football game because he had a crush on me) grabbed one end of my drum case (which had my quints in it at the time... so it was fairly heavy) and slid the whole thing into my toe which was covered by nothing but a sock at the time.

also, :cokespit: matt... if you consider a double hernia to be a MINOR injury, i don't even wanna know what you'd consider major! :p

and... frickin OUCH, dude!

The injury i'm recovering from is the most suck-worthy thing i've experienced.
ACL RECONSTRUCTION :(
Haven't played sport in a year now because of the damn thing. I think the initial injury is better than the repair because at least i only fell over for no real reason and my knee would swell up to the size of a volleyball for a month or three. Now i can't run, kneel down or stand up properly and my other knee is suffering from over compensation.
Who started this thread? I feel down in the dumps and frustrated again! Thanks very much ;)

Er ok well I had a bit of a knife fixation when I was younger and as a result had a collection of different knives, one of which I was using to open a particularly well taped up jiffy bag. Then I slipped and nearly cut my thumb in half lengthways.. I cut right into the nail, bled all over the place and had my thumb stitched and in a big bandage thing for a few weeks... That hurt a bit.

Ouch all! Surprised any of you are still alive

I've broken my arms 4 times (twice on each just for symmetry). The first was the most painful. I grew up in Africa and when I was about 8 or 9, I fell off a large climbing frame, breaking and dislocating both bones in my right arm. A friend rushed over to help me. Not realising that I had broken my arm, he attempted to pull me up by said arm. That hurt.

I was quickly taken to hospital but, being a small town in Africa, the anesthetics didn't work too well. In fact they didn't work at all. The doctors kept pulling at my arm trying to rearrange the bones, but without the benefits of anesthetics. :confused: That was VERY painful.

My dad stopped them and had me flown to Zimbabwe to get it done properly.

Oh and to balance things out. The last time I broke my arm, it was becase a girl kicked a football at me. (but we normally keep that quiet because it spoils my macho image!) :oops:

ok the most stupid thing I've done injury-wise was when I was about 7 years old.

I'd just walked home from school and I decided to make myself a cup of hot Milo (chocolate milk drink for those who don't know) Our microwave was on a ledge above the kitchen counter so I had to jump up onto the kitchen counter to open the microwave. When I did this I wacked the back of my head on the corner of the microwave ledge. Anyway, I didn't feel to good after that so I went to lie down in the lounge room,,, a few minutes later I felt the back of my head and it was all wet... then I looked at my hand and it was covered in blood!! Argh! Not fun for a 7 year old who thinks her brains are falling out of her head! he hehe

I've also had a run in with a power plug (evil things that should be banned!). And it didn't make me bleed either... they are certainly weird things.

I've never broken a bone, but I have dislocated a finger while playing softball. It was my glove hand too - so I had all that protection but it still dislocated. Then I watched my coach pop it back in place which was really really weird. Then I had to wait for an hour in the rain for my mum to take me to the hospital. But the bit that hurt the most was rearranging my finger for the xrays! Radiologists are evil! ;-)

i stopped reading after "i was getting out of the bathtub" :drool: :eek:ldman: jeeze, im going to he** if i don't tighten up.

sorry about your toe! the worse pain i think i've experienced is my appendix. felt like an alien ripping my insides out for 36 hours! argh!

My girlfriend recently cut her foot...right in the soft skin between the big toe & the 2nd toe. Required a few stitches.

I separated my shoulder while snowboarding and then had to pulled in a sled down the mountain...while my shoulder was still out of place.

*BEWARE* *DO NOT READ!* *GRAPHIC*

When I was 12 years old a friend and I were riding our bicycles back to my house when he says to me "hey that thing sounds like crap" and I said "well it is because my chain is way to tight" this was as I was crouching down to show him how tight it was by grabbing it with my forefinger . . .

While coasting . . .

I then accidentally bumped the pedals forward which crushed my finger into the chain and front sprocket of the bike, which then made me fall over. To make things worse one of the sprocket teeth went right through my fingernail and chipped the bone. My dad came outside to see what the wailing was about and had to cut the chain off to get my finger out. I ended up with 23 stitches and nerve damage. Actually I never really felt my shutter button until I was about 23 years old and feeling was finally more normal :confused: before that it just tingled with pressure.

Very stupid = Very Yes!

Lesson learned = I never did that again ;)

Last winter I went to Lake Erie to take some photos. I was walking down a small concrete ramp to get near the water, I didn't realize the ramp was covered with a very small layer of black ice. I slipped and fell flat on my back, and smacked my head on the concrete very hard. I thought I was a goner. I was out for a few seconds, and when I woke, I reached back slowly to check for blood, or brains hanging out. Luckily, there was none. Good old hard head. I had a nast headache and stiff neck for about 3 weeks though.

Ok....when it comes to blood and stuff, I can read it, I can see it, it doesn't bother me..but I couldn't read most of this thread, cuz when it comes to stuff like Hobbes' post, I feel like I'm gonna GAG!!! I cringe, I cover my eyes, I can't handle it!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back